At the Village Stage, the camp becomes a small frontier town. There are some permanent structures in place at this level, as well as the beginning of local Government. The Development Area feels permanent and lived in. You'll find buildings developed with more advanced materials, features such as stone and mortar, fences, and other common structures. The Village Stage will also unlock a Special Building that grants unique utility to its Node Type - Military, Economic, Divine or Scientific; we’ll share further details on those buildings in future entries in this series that cover each specific Node Type. – Margaret Krohn
- 第一階段發展需時短，讓玩家可以使用售賣、存放物品等 NPC 功能。
- 等級較低的節點 (即附庸節點) 即使位於等級較高的節點的影響區域內，仍會獲得經驗值，但其等級不會超越上級節點。
The way that the algorithm expands the territories takes into account a few things: One it takes into account the coast like where's the closest coast. Two it takes into account the neighboring nodes so it can take over and essentially vassal state those nodes, but what's more important is essentially the initial population based on like how players choose their races. Because we have nine different races and four different starting points that branch out, each server's population density is going to dictate essentially the first few nodes that are highly populated and then that initial seed is what's going to determine the node structure as it moves inland into the into the world essentially; and based on the performance and successes of different sieges will determine which nodes that got locked out from the previous the initial advancements what nodes can now be available to advance further. So I really think that with so many variables that are present in the equation of how nodes advance and stay existing with the more variables you have, the higher likelihood there is for there to be a significant diversion in world progression. – Steven Sharif
Normally the algorithm that's applied to the node territorial expansion will prevent significant nodes from being in close proximity to each other... There could be a perfect storm where all of the algorithmic progression of territory leads to having these nodes very close to each other because there's certain requirements that should that need to be available to satisfy node vassal takeovers; and it's possible that two nodes would never take each other over as vassals and end up kind of close together and spanning their territories in kind of opposite directions: The Tale of Two Cities kind of thing. – Steven Sharif
Different people have different resources invested in nodes progressing and it would be a little "gamey" if you could know exactly what was necessary at that point because that would disincentivize people from participating. – Steven Sharif
- A 大都會 (階段 6) can control up to two City (階段 5) nodes. A City (階段 5) can control one Town (階段 4) and one 村莊 (階段 3) node. A 村莊 (階段 3) can control an Encampment (階段 2) or an Expedition (階段 1). If the 村莊 (階段 3) gets destroyed through a siege, its "vassals" are also destroyed.
- Vassal nodes gain benefits from their sovereign node (parent node) even if the node type of the parent is different to the vassal.
- It is not a bad thing to be vasseled, it is a good thing to be vasseled. It brings many benefits from the Sovereign, which is the the ultimate parent of that vassal network down to the vassal node itself; and it allows that vassal node to even live outside of its normal mechanics. You get to adopt some of the benefits that the node type of your sovereign is, even if your node type as a vassal node isn't the same. – Steven Sharif
- Sovereign nodes collect taxes from their vassal nodes. These taxes cannot be taken by the mayor or other players.
- Vassal nodes must remain at least one node stage below their parent node.
- Neighboring/Adjacent nodes from Expedition (階段 1) upward block the growth of their immediate neighbors. This was intended to be tested in Alpha-1.
- Vassal nodes first apply any experience earned to their own deficit (see 節點衰退). It then applies excess experience earned to its parent node.
- If the parent node advances, the vassal is once again able to advance.
- Vassal nodes give excess experience to their parent node and may have their own vassals; so long as they fall within the parent node’s zone of influence.
- If a node is capped and is both a vassal and has its own vassals, any experience earned from itself or its Vassals is first applied to its own deficit. Experience beyond that is then sent to its parent node.
- When the vassal reaches its cap it overflows experience up to the parent; and so it can be very good early on for parents to get vassal nodes that are very productive- that have a lot of traffic. – Steven Sharif
- Vassals are subject to the government, alliances, wars, taxes, and trade of their parent node, and are able to receive federal aid from them.
- Vassal nodes cannot declare war on their parent node or any of their vassals.
- Citizens of vassals are bound by the diplomatic states of the parent node.
- If a Node is a Vassal Node and is capped from advancing further, it first applies any experience earned to its own deficit (see Node Atrophy section), and then applies excess experience earned to its Parent Node. If the Parent Node advances and the Vassal is able to grow, it becomes uncapped. If a Node is capped and is both a Vassal and has its own Vassals, any experience earned from itself or its Vassals is first applied to their own deficit. Any experience beyond that is then sent to its Parent Node. – Margaret Krohn
- This cooldown period allows players to establish citizenship at the village; which may require them to relinquish previous citizenship at another node.
- Following the initial cooldown, there will be a one week election process, then from that point on, elections will follow a monthly cadence.
- 節點戰 may not be declared for 21 days following a node advancing to any stage.
The village stage is a unique stage because that's when the government system comes online and all other stages past village there will have already been a cadence for the election system and it will follow that cadence, but after the initial village stage is completed there will be a one week period where players have an opportunity to establish citizenship at the village that also provides for the cooldown time that is- that would be present on players leaving another node to kind of participate in in this particular node leveling up. But that after that one week period then there will be a one-week election process and then from that point moving forward will be the one month cadence that the node experiences elections on. – Steven Sharif
- Election notices will be mailed to the accounts of citizens.
- Only citizens of a node may participate in its elections.
- Only node citizens may be elected mayor.
- A king or queen can also become a mayor.
- Divine node governments are chosen from citizens via service oriented quests that prove faith and dedication to the node.
- Most of the devotion-oriented tasks are going to be on an individual basis and won't utilize outside support.
- Economic node governments are able to be bought and sold by citizens with the most money.
- 市長 of military nodes are chosen from citizens through last man standing (gladiatorial arena style) combat.
- An idea currently under consideration is to have players build out a champion that they can then fight in the arena, rather then using their regular characters. These champions can be equipped with gear and skills via quests, along with materials and gold to make the champion stronger.
- The reason for the champion idea is because the game isn't balanced for 1v1 PvP. Utilizing champions makes arena combat more of a level playing ground.
- Arena style combat is instanced but spectators may be possible through an interface.
- The winner of the combat can not transfer the mayoralty to another player.
- Scientific node governments are elected democratically. Records of who voted for who are not published.
- Housing will have a base price that scales with the number of citizens in the node.
- The developers are considering an auction-based method for listing new properties that become available for purchase when a node advances.
- 固定房屋 and apartments can be listed and sold to other players.
There's no cap essentially in player originated sales. Those are determined essentially by supply and demand as it is within the game and there's no artificial barrier to how high that demand can go. – Steven Sharif
- Housing ownership can default back to the node if the owner fails to pay their property taxes. A balance and penalties will be charged to the new purchaser of the home in the manner of a "foreclosure process".
- Players will not be able to exceed their allotment of housing in the game.
This will allow players to transfer real property goods. This includes ... static housing, this includes apartments that they may own; and they can sell those because those will have a limited and finite quantity. – Steven Sharif
Rental and leasing concepts are currently under consideration.
Some concepts that we have is going to be rental or leases that could be had allowing players to kind of lease a property for a period of time where they will have control rights over utilizing storage based on the area, controlling the furniture or access point; all that kind of stuff. – Steven Sharif
- 展示成就和戰利品 (未定)。
- 身處房屋附近時，可獲取額外獎勵 (未定)。
節點戰 enable players to destroy nodes. This paves the way for new development and access to the locked content in surrounding nodes. Due to this dynamic, political strife and intrigue play an important role in the structure of the world.
- Sieging nodes will not be an easy task for the attackers. Cities and metropolises will have a considerable defensive advantage.
- There will be systems that mimic some of the mechanics of sieges, but there won't be practice sieges.
- If you own a home in a node and you don't want to see that home destroyed, you need to defend that city! – Steven Sharif
- The majority (~80%) of content in Ashes of Creation is open-world but there may be instanced battles within castle and node sieges where specific groups can participate in small, short-duration objective-based battles for specific waypoints.
Monster coin events
Legion monster coin events are common events that occur for 節點 up to the 村莊 stage. This might include a horde of zombies rolling across the countryside finding something or someone to feast on. Players who wish to keep their advancements will need to be vigilant.
Elite monster coin events occur for nodes that exist between the 村莊 and 大都會 stages. This level of event would include something along the lines of a dungeon level bosses and mobs coming into the world to pillage and destroy specific centers of activity.
- 直播, 2020-01-30 (1:07:50).
- 直播, 2019-11-22 (50:56).
- Node series part II – the Metropolis.
- Blog - Know Your Nodes - Advance and Destroy.
- 直播, 2017-10-16 (50:20).
- Blog - Know Your Nodes - The Basics.
- A reactive world - Nodes.
- 影片, 2017-04-20 (0:02).
- 訪談, 2020-07-18 (10:04).
- 訪談, 2020-07-08 (1:00:15).
- 直播, 2017-11-17 (55:27).
- 直播, 2017-05-26 (28:16).
- 直播, 2022-08-26 (1:07:34).
- 直播, 2022-08-26 (1:04:35).
- 直播, 2022-08-26 (1:10:16).
- 直播, 2020-03-28 (1:01:34).
- 訪談, 2020-03-27 (6:03).
- 直播, 2020-10-30 (1:01:00).
- MMOGames interview, January 2017
- 訪談, 2018-05-11 (50:05).
- 訪談, 2020-07-19 (26:54).
- 直播, 2021-03-26 (1:18:26).
- 直播, 2021-11-19 (51:56).
- Podcast, 2018-05-11 (52:20).
- 訪談, 2020-03-27 (09:05).
- 訪談, 2020-03-27 (11:04).
- 直播, 2021-03-26 (1:17:20).
- 直播, 2020-01-30 (1:01:59).
- Steven Sharif - Clarification points from today’s stream.
- 訪談, 2018-05-11 (50:47).
- 直播, 2020-06-26 (53:41).
- 直播, 2017-05-12 (52:01).
- 直播, 2017-05-12 (55:01).
- 直播, 2020-06-26 (47:32).
- 直播, 2020-06-26 (54:03).
- 訪談, 2020-07-08 (33:34).
- 直播, 2020-06-26 (1:02:12).
- 直播, 2020-06-26 (56:08).
- 直播, 2019-05-30 (1:23:41).
- 直播, 2017-05-10 (30:53).
- 訪談, 2020-07-08 (40:20).
- 直播, 2020-06-26 (45:32).
- 影片, 2020-05-31 (47:32).
- 直播, 2020-06-26 (53:20).
- 直播, 2020-05-29 (1:03:35).
- About Ashes of Creation.
- 影片, 2019-07-16 (0:00).
- 直播, 2017-05-15 (45:20).
- 訪談, 2017-01-20 (4:19).
- 訪談, 2018-05-11 (28:21).
- 直播, 2020-12-22 (1:13:51).
- 影片, 2016-12-04 (0:02).
- Twitch Bustin - Practice Sieges?
- 影片, 2017-04-30 (5:31).
- 直播, 2022-01-28 (17:50).
- 直播, 2017-05-03 (36:25).