- 可採集的資源需要透過反覆試驗和其外觀來辨別。 正式推出時，可採集的資源將不會有「閃閃發光」的效果。
Certain low level gatherables will have a tiered progression into higher level crafting. So for example you know if I'm gathering... leaves of the blue petal flower to craft a pigment that's going to be used in the development of a tunic that I can wear at level one, then I may need to collect those in order to craft the pigments to craft a greater pigment that might be present in the in the crafting of a higher level item. So it's going to be kind of a tiered progression so that materials have relevancy throughout the different levels of of crafting; and that's important from an economic stability standpoint. You need to have layered demand from a supply standpoint so that players who are interested in collecting and gathering those materials still are relevant when the later level items are crafted. – Steven Sharif
Players must choose a path in the artisan skill tree for each character. Within each of the three parent artisan paths (Gathering, 加工 and 製造) there are different professions. A character may only ever master one of these parent paths.
- It is possible to master multiple professions (but not all) within a parent artisan path, but this will be a long and labor intensive feat, requiring many resources.
Gathering is a parent artisan path, along with processing and crafting. Within each of the three parent paths lies different professions. You may only ever master one parent path. But you may spend time mastering each profession within the parent artisan path. – Steven Sharif
Becoming a master Crafter or a master Processor or a master Gatherer should be a significant time investment and resource investment; and because of that it should also be something that when you achieve that status it's like people on the server know who you are. – Steven Sharif
- Players can dabble in all professions at a "beginners" level before they decide to master a particular pathway.
- Choosing a specific path in the skill tree allows the player an opportunity to specialize in a certain area. This encourages player inter-dependency, enhancing the artisan experience.
- Masteries aren’t just about making an item. They grant many things, including titles, access to items, bargains, and quests. 
Players will have the opportunity to kind of dabble in all of the professions at a very beginners level and then you know that kind of gives them an understanding of what that profession feels like and then allows them to kind of pinpoint the direction that they want to go in to master particular professions. – Steven Sharif
When we reference not being masters of all that doesn't mean you're not a master within your own one of the three artisan types, which is you know crafter or gatherer, processor. You will be a master of one of those, you will not be master of the other two. – Steven Sharif
- Some resources will be one-time gatherables, others will exist as clusters that will last until the vein is depleted.
- We really want resources to be persistent and non-renewable. If there’s a mithril vein, that mithril vein will be there until it runs out. The server will manage these amounts on its own, and will repopulate things where and when it desires. You might find another mithril vein in that location sometime later, or somewhere nearby, or maybe never again!
- Players drop resources and other items upon death, based on their applicable death penalties.
- Raw materials (gatherable resources) are not to be confused with crafting materials (processed goods).
- Some resources will be one-time gatherables that will randomly respawn at a different location once collected.
- Other resources will exist as a cluster (also called vein gatherables). These will last until the full resource is depleted.
- Like a large mine that's present and has a vein of mithril ore in it, or a herd of some type of animal that you can collect fur or wool from. – Steven Sharif
- There will be moving resources such as herds of animals that are constantly moving around the world.
- Herds are a source of certain types of wild gatherables but they're in animal form and they're animated; and they exist in a group of the golden fleece sheep that might only spawn very rarely in certain hillsides; and only during spring. And if you can find that vein so to speak of resource you can interact with the herd and you can gather from them. – Steven Sharif
- Resources respawn on a cooldown basis.
- Resources won't be locked to the node system.
- Some unique resources may be monsters in disguise or have monsters defending them.
Surveying and land management
- Ideas like land management- and as you draw resources from your surrounding area- what type of effect does that have on the land; and then also how effectively can you draw those resources without having such a deleterious effect on the land, which might impact future resource gathering for some period of time: And it makes relevant the movement of these players who are collecting these goods from the environment, that they actually cannot always just do so in one particular area, as the land management begins to degrade. So it actually encourages movement across the world to discover new areas that might not be as perturbed as the ones you're coming from. It's a very interesting idea. It's something that we're going to be prototyping in Alpha 2 and getting feedback on and testing. – Steven Sharif
- Progression in the gathering artisan class unlocks higher level harvesting tools that enable gathering of higher level resources.
- Tools will have durability and tool lifespans.
- Artisans will not need to rely on other trees in order to make their tools.
Tools do advance within the artisan tree, so your ability to either gather, process or craft will require the equivalent tools necessary at that stage of crafting in order to accomplish the task at hand. So, you could not mine copper and mithril with the same tool. – Steven Sharif
|Tool rarity||Resource tiers||Vendor price||Vendor location|
|Common||1||10g||Alpha-1 starting area|
|Uncommon||1 - 2||100g||Expedition (階段 1) nodes|
|Rare||1 - 3||500g||Encampment (階段 2) nodes|
|Epic||1 - 4||2000g||村莊 (階段 3) nodes|
List of tools
- Beginners Pole
- Copper Pickaxe
- Diamond Tipped Pickaxe
- Fishing poles
- Intermediate Pole
- Iron Chopper
- Iron Pickaxe
- Soil Knife
- Steel Pickaxe
- Gatherers who are more advanced in their artisan tree will unlock higher level harvesting tools that have a greater chance of collecting higher quality resources or proccing a greater quantity.
You will have an opportunity to proc certain qualities based on your progression in the Artisan tree. So if you are a gatherer; and as you advance in your gathering, you'll have a higher opportunity to collect better resources. – Steven Sharif
Resource extractors are potential constructions that can collect resources over time.
- Available to node citizens who own a freehold near a "resource center".
- Requires several people to construct.
- Moving resources from the extractor will likely require a caravan.
List of resources
- The first party to obtain a tag (on a mob or boss) will gain an approximately 5-10% edge over competing parties in terms of the total damage done when determining looting rights.
- These numbers will be balanced based on testing.
- At the end of the fight, the party with the highest damage done, including first tagging bonus, will be granted looting rights.
- We have a blended approach of damage done and a tag benefit. So if you tag the boss first, or you tag the loot- whatever the loot target is first- you're gonna get a benefit in the damage overall determination. So if you need to have 51% of damage done in order to qualify your raid, or the plurality of damage done if there's even three or four raids, then tagging first might give you a five or ten percent edge. We'll play with that number- balance it based on testing, but generally that's our approach in competing loot rights – Steven Sharif
- If you want to be able to get those mats from the boss, they're just not going to drop for anybody. They will only drop for a master gatherer who is capable of extracting those resources from the creature itself... The reason why we say there's a lot of interdependencies between the crafters of the world and the raiders of the world and our PvPers of the world is because we don't want to house the capability to attain these things all within the adventuring class. We want there to be an influence necessary from the craftsmen's guild to come in to either come and participate and spoil the boss and gather the goods or something along those lines. – Steven Sharif
Artisans within Ashes of Creation must choose a path in their artisan skill tree. This inter-dependency establishes a supply chain from raw materials to finished product. Each stage of the chain may require caravans to transport goods from one artisan to another.
- Obtaining raw materials:
- Refining the raw materials with the 加工 profession.
- 製造 the finished product using its crafting recipe.
As a crafter you're going to want to know where certain recipes can be fulfilled; which nodes have the capability of creating what you've processed material that you've gathered for; and then you're going to want to plan out your route to either transit the goods there or make sure that you're situated in the area so that you can go out collect and build in that area as well. So there's a lot of planning that's going to be necessary. – Steven Sharif
- Processing involves the refining of raw materials obtained from gathering and item deconstruction.
- The bulk of the time spent in the artisan system resides in the processing branch. The processing time varies based on the quality of the processed goods.
- Some processing can be carried out in nodes, but the best processing can only be carried out on freeholds.
- Blueprints are required for the construction of the freehold buildings that are used to process resources into processed goods.
- The amount of goods that can be processed while unattended by the player is based on the rating of that particular processing station.
- The time spent processing can be reduced by upgrading the capabilities and quality of the processing station via a progression tier system.
- That's going to be very important as you get to very late game processed materials that are required. Because some of these things might have days to process within a station, but if you have spent the time and done the work to advance that processing station you could cut that down considerably, perhaps even greater than 50 percent; and that's going to have a significant impact on your ability to either control markets or to create goods. – Steven Sharif
- There will be a preparatory phase to provide the building with needed fuel or other materials to process the required grade of materials.
- Processing as it stands for Alpha-2's implementation is that there is a certain amount of prep work that's required first for the industry-specific component, which is the building. That prep work might be finding a certain amount of lumber to light the fire in kiln or whatever, to a certain temperature in order for you to process a certain grade of ore; and that grade of ore being malleable then into an ingot; and that produces that ingot so-to-speak. Now, in that process there's a gathering component, there's a preparatory phase, there is a time-related component. – Steven Sharif
- There will also be time-related and gameplay elements that require the player to interact with the processing building. These elements act to throttle for the introduction of processed materials from raw gatherables into the economy.
- There's also possibilities that the machine you're using itself has some type of gameplay layer- should the kiln get overheated, and you have to throw some water on it or something. There are elements there in that process that we want to mimic this gameplay opportunity for players to interact; and not just be a time-sink. But time-sink is also a component of it as well, because that's the throttle for the introduction of processed materials from raw gatherables into the economy. – Steven Sharif
- Crafting requires the acquisition of recipes in order to craft items.
- Crafting stations are located on freeholds or within nodes.
- There will be gear that boosts artisans in gathering or crafting stronger items.
- Crafting times may vary between professions but the bulk of the time spent in the artisan system resides in the processing branch.
There is no labor or energy system in Ashes. However, that's not to say that crafting will not be difficult. Crafting is very difficult; but it is because it is difficult that it will be very rewarding as well. – Steven Sharif
In Alpha One the core basics of what crafting represents as a gameplay loop that is represented. So that means that there are gatherables out there. You will have to have tools in order to service those gatherables. There will be processing that's necessary; and then there's crafting stations that are available and can be constructed by the players. This is in Alpha One. You have to collect the recipes, you have to collect the materials, and you have to refine the materials; and then you have to create the reagents and then use those to kind of create the final crafting component of that you're trying to create. So that in and of itself is present, but it is a very very small piece of really what will be the larger crafting puzzle for Alpha 2 and betas. – Steven Sharif
- Alpha-1 中的匠人系統大約只有最終設計的十分之一，其遊戲核心循環藉由商人 (NPC) 系統變得簡易。內容包括：
Crafting honestly will not come online in any sense of its true form until Alpha-2. Alpha-1 has essentially what are intended to be the core gameplay loop of crafting, meaning the collection of materials, the translation of those materials into processed goods, and the use of those processed goods into item acquisition. That's the core gameplay loop that is currently present in Alpha-1. But those are mostly facilitated kind of piggy backing the merchant systems right now and not actually using the real crafting system; and that's because crafting hasn't been completed in a form that can be implemented in Alpha-1, but will be for Alpha-2. What's present in Alpha-1 doesn't even really scratch the surface for crafting. – Steven Sharif
- 直播, 2021-07-30 (1:11:58).
- 直播, 2020-03-28 (48:31).
- 直播, 2017-09-03 (10:48).
- 訪談, 2020-03-27 (9:00).
- 訪談, 2018-05-11 (38:25).
- Podcast, 2018-05-11 (1:00:07).
- 直播, 2017-05-24 (32:07).
- 直播, 2019-07-26 (1:09:46).
- 訪談, 2020-07-20 (18:47).
- 訪談, 2021-02-07 (36:38).
- 訪談, 2020-03-27 (5:25).
- 直播, 2017-05-05 (6:12).
- About Ashes of Creation.
- 直播, 2017-05-08 (54:26).
- 直播, 2020-07-31 (1:05:58).
- 直播, 2020-07-25 (1:04:50).
- Interview: Ashes of Creation on Building Their Virtual World, 13 April 2017.
- 直播, 2021-03-26 (1:07:33).
- Podcast, 2017-05-05 (43:05).
- 訪談, 2020-07-18 (27:11).
- 直播, 2017-05-05 (34:15).
- 直播, 2017-05-05 (8:22).
- 直播, 2017-05-19 (37:03).
- 直播, 2022-05-27 (1:00:23).
- 直播, 2019-12-17 (1:14:42).
- 直播, 2022-04-29 (25:16).
- 直播, 2020-04-30 (54:33).
- 直播, 2020-04-30 (53:11).
- Alpha-1 screenshot.
- 直播, 2017-11-17 (53:28).
- 訪談, 2018-10-20 (2:13).
- 直播, 2017-05-30 (10:24).
- 直播, 2022-03-31 (1:23:06).
- 直播, 2020-07-25 (1:24:56).
- Podcast, 2018-08-04 (1:44:54).
- 訪談, 2020-07-20 (20:17).
- 直播, 2017-05-08 (20:41).
- 直播, 2017-07-18 (38:30).
- 直播, 2017-05-26 (26:00).
- 訪談, 2018-05-11 (24:18).
- Podcast, 2021-04-11 (40:20).
- 直播, 2022-06-30 (1:08:02).
- 直播, 2022-06-30 (1:09:29).
- 直播, 2022-02-25 (1:12:27s).
- 直播, 2018-08-17 (15:14).
- 直播, 2020-01-30 (1:38:26).
- 直播, 2017-05-12 (1:00:18).
- 訪談, 2020-07-19 (6:38).
- 直播, 2021-03-26 (1:06:50).
- 直播, 2017-05-24 (17:08).
- 訪談, 2018-10-20 (2:31:39).
- 直播, 2021-03-26 (42:28).
- 訪談, 2021-02-07 (35:30).
- 直播, 2021-04-30 (41:18).