- Coordinate the transfer of needed supplies with citizens operating caravans.
- Other leadership powers.
- Priests or acolytes in certain temples.
- Patron guild leader.
- Chief bounty hunter.
- Divine node governments are chosen from citizens via service oriented quests that prove faith and dedication to the node.
- Economic node governments are able to be bought and sold by citizens with the most money.
- Mayors of military nodes are chosen from citizens through last man standing (gladiatorial arena style) combat.
- Scientific node governments are elected democratically.
- Enter into trade agreements.
- Directing assets.
- Defensive ability.
The government has a lot of say in the direction of the nodes development. Directing assets, building projects, tax allocation, defensive ability etc. Players have the ability to not only create these cities, but they have the right of self-governance.
There are levers and dials that are present to both the owners of Castles as well as the elected officials of Nodes that during their administration they have the ability to impact and influence the region around them. – Steven Sharif
- Guilds hold separate roles in the direction of the node than the roles held by private citizens.
- Only a certain number of guilds may participate in these roles.
- Separate guild roles are reserved for small, medium and large guilds.
Guild’s also hold separate roles in the direction of the node, than the roles held by private citizens, and only a certain number of guilds may participate in these roles. Separate guild roles are reserved for Small size guilds, medium size guilds and large size guilds.
We want the City Hall to be the place where big decisions are made for each Node. It should be where the “ruling class” comes together and decides what to do (these decisions can quickly make them the “old ruling class” too).
- Status of the node's economy.
- Status of upcoming elections.
- Status of trade agreements.
- Status of caravans.
- This tax doesn't necessarily impact the individual citizen, because citizen's tax levels are determined by their node, but the node's finances are affected by the taxation levied by its parent nodes.
- A player's tax charge will be determined by the number of structures built on their plot.
- Location of the node.
- Node type.
- Race that contributed most to the node's advancement.
- The rest is determined by the node's mayor.
Some parts are determined by the area it's in. Some parts are determined by the type it is. Some parts are determined by the race it is; and then the rest of it is determined by the mayor. – Jeffrey Bard
All nodes whether they're associated with a castle or associated with normal node structure has cultural influences that replicate over to the buildings that are produced and the NPCs that are present. – Steven Sharif
There is an attrition and that attrition on experience and influence is heightened based on the performance of the race in the world. So if all these nodes are Orc nodes then their attrition rate is very high to compete with the cultural establishment of new nodes because they have more influence in the world and a popular opinion is against them in their outlying regions that they do not have influence in. – Steven Sharif
And there could be regime change... If somebody doesn't like the fact that a market was built and they want to re-elect a new government next cycle, they can do so... and that market could be destroyed and a new building take its place.
- The only way to remove an elected mayor prior to the end of their term is by destroying the node.
节点围攻 enable players to delevel a node (reverse its advancement) and to ultimately destroy that node entirely. This paves the way for new development and access to the locked content in surrounding nodes. Due to this dynamic, political strife and intrigue play an important role in the structure of the world.
Sieging nodes will not be an easy task for the attackers. Cities and metropolises will have a considerable defensive advantage. Automatic PvE sieges may be initiated against nodes that are not continuously active.
We have conditions that you can set between nodes with regards to either nodes being friendly with each other and acting trade alliances, or they can declare war on nodes similar to how guild wars may function in different games, where those citizens become hostile to each other based on the player government that's elected in the particular node. So those systems all kind of cater to allowing a conflict that's meaningful and that also provides a non-imbalanced relationship between stronger guilds and not as strong guilds. – Steven Sharif
- Dragon eggs can also drop from epic and world bosses. These will be temporary mounts that will exist for a limited duration.
- Livestream, 12 December 2018 (14:48).
- Livestream, 17 November 2017 (9:49).
- Livestream, 30 June 2017 (53:57).
- Blog - Know Your Nodes - The Basics.
- MMOGames interview, January 2017
- Livestream, 26 July 2019 (1:20:48).
- Node series part II – the Metropolis.
- Podcast, 11 May 2018 (52:20).
- City hall.
- Livestream, 19 May 2017 (36:05).
- Interview, 11 May 2018 (47:27).
- Livestream, 19 May 2017 (36:09).
- Video, 15 July 2019 (2:12).
- Interview, 11 May 2018 (57:02).
- Livestream, 9 February 2018 (33:50).
- Blog - Know Your Nodes - Advance and Destroy.
- Livestream, 27 September 2018 (53:06).
- Interview, 11 May 2018 (54:34).
- Livestream, 26 May 2017 (21:23).
- Interview, 11 May 2018 (1:00:19).
- Livestream, 1 September 2018 (36:28).
- Livestream, 19 May 2017 (33:57).
- Livestream, 20 January 2018 (38:17).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (PM) (51:49).
- Livestream, 24 May 2017 (40:50).
- Livestream, 28 June 2019 (1:26:14).
- Video, 4 December 2016 (0:02).
- A reactive world - Nodes.
- Video, 30 April 2017 (5:31).
- Video, 5 April 2018 (41:48).
- Video, 20 August 2019 (0:0).
- Livestream, 26 July 2019 (55:51).
- Livestream, 26 May 2017 (37:17).