- Coordinate the transfer of needed supplies with citizens operating caravans.
- Only one citizenship may be declared per account, per server.
- This may have changed to one citizenship per account.
- A king or queen can also become a mayor.
- Priests, bishops or acolytes in certain temples.
- Patron guild leader.
- Chief bounty hunter.
- This cooldown period allows players to establish citizenship at the village; which may require them to relinquish previous citizenship at another node.
- Following the initial cooldown, there will be a one week election process, then from that point on, elections will follow a monthly cadence.
- 节点围攻 may not be declared for 21 days following a node advancing to Village (stage 3). This does not apply to nodes at higher stages.
The village stage is a unique stage because that's when the government system comes online and all other stages past village there will have already been a cadence for the election system and it will follow that cadence, but after the initial village stage is completed there will be a one week period where players have an opportunity to establish citizenship at the village that also provides for the cooldown time that is- that would be present on players leaving another node to kind of participate in in this particular node leveling up. But that after that one week period then there will be a one-week election process and then from that point moving forward will be the one month cadence that the node experiences elections on. – Steven Sharif
- Only citizens of a node may participate in its elections.
- Only node citizens may be elected mayor.
- A king or queen can also become a mayor.
- Divine node governments are chosen from citizens via service oriented quests that prove faith and dedication to the node.
- Economic node governments are able to be bought and sold by citizens with the most money.
- Mayors of military nodes are chosen from citizens through last man standing (gladiatorial arena style) combat.
- An idea currently under consideration is to have players build out a champion that they can then fight in the arena, rather then using their regular characters. These champions can be equipped with gear and skills via quests, along with materials and gold to make the champion stronger.
- The reason for the champion idea is because the game isn't balanced for 1v1 Pvp. Utilizing champions makes arena combat more of a level playing ground.
- Arena style combat is instanced but spectators may be possible through an interface.
- Scientific node governments are elected democratically.
- Enter into trade agreements.
- Directing assets.
- Mayors are able to allocate treasury funding to hire mercenary NPCs to defend their node during sieges.
- Mayors are able to initiate quest-driven systems that non-citizens can participate in. The mayor can use a portion of the node's treasury or goods as rewards for quest completion. Players will be able to interface with the node to view the quests that are available to them.
The government has a lot of say in the direction of the nodes development. Directing assets, building projects, tax allocation, defensive ability etc. Players have the ability to not only create these cities, but they have the right of self-governance.
There are levers and dials that are present to both the owners of Castles as well as the elected officials of Nodes that during their administration they have the ability to impact and influence the region around them. – Steven Sharif
- Guilds hold separate roles in the direction of the node than the roles held by private citizens.
- Only a certain number of guilds may participate in these roles.
- Separate guild roles are reserved for small, medium and large guilds.
Guild’s also hold separate roles in the direction of the node, than the roles held by private citizens, and only a certain number of guilds may participate in these roles. Separate guild roles are reserved for Small size guilds, medium size guilds and large size guilds.
Mayors are able to initiate quest-driven systems that non-citizens can participate in. The mayor can use a portion of their node's treasury or goods as rewards for quest completion. Players will be able to interface with the node to view the quests that are available to them.
We want the City Hall to be the place where big decisions are made for each Node. It should be where the “ruling class” comes together and decides what to do (these decisions can quickly make them the “old ruling class” too).
- Status of the node's economy.
- Status of upcoming elections.
- Status of trade agreements.
- Status of caravans.
- Tax money only goes toward funding node development.
- Taxation rates scale based on when a player joined a node as a citizen. The goal is to exert financial pressure on node populations by making taxes increasingly expensive as nodes advance, rather than putting in place hard population caps.
- This tax doesn't necessarily impact the individual citizen, because citizen's tax levels are determined by their node, but the node's finances are affected by the taxation levied by its parent nodes.
- A player's tax charge will be determined by the number of structures built on their plot.
- Location of the node.
- Node type.
- Race that contributed most to the node's advancement.
- The rest is determined by the node's mayor.
Some parts are determined by the area it's in. Some parts are determined by the type it is. Some parts are determined by the race it is; and then the rest of it is determined by the mayor. – Jeffrey Bard
All nodes whether they're associated with a castle or associated with normal node structure has cultural influences that replicate over to the buildings that are produced and the NPCs that are present. – Steven Sharif
There is an attrition and that attrition on experience and influence is heightened based on the performance of the race in the world. So if all these nodes are Orc nodes then their attrition rate is very high to compete with the cultural establishment of new nodes because they have more influence in the world and a popular opinion is against them in their outlying regions that they do not have influence in. – Steven Sharif
Constructible node buildings
These are buildings that the mayor has agency over determining whether or not they should be a constructed project. Constructible buildings can be selected at open plots that are gained as the node advances. If they elect to begin construction of one of these types of buildings- one of which is the marketplace- it'll grant certain trade benefits as well as some stalls that the citizens may participate in. – Steven Sharif
And there could be regime change... If somebody doesn't like the fact that a market was built and they want to re-elect a new government next cycle, they can do so... and that market could be destroyed and a new building take its place.
- The only way to remove an elected mayor prior to the end of their term is by destroying the node.
节点围攻 enable players to destroy nodes. This paves the way for new development and access to the locked content in surrounding nodes. Due to this dynamic, political strife and intrigue play an important role in the structure of the world.
- This mutually flags the citizens of the warring nodes, including their allies, as combatants.
- Vassal nodes cannot declare a node war on their parent node or any of their vassals.
We have conditions that you can set between nodes with regards to either nodes being friendly with each other and acting trade alliances, or they can declare war on nodes similar to how guild wars may function in different games, where those citizens become hostile to each other based on the player government that's elected in the particular node. So those systems all kind of cater to allowing a conflict that's meaningful and that also provides a non-imbalanced relationship between stronger guilds and not as strong guilds. – Steven Sharif
- 如果是通過世界王掉落而得到,坐騎將會有15-30天的生命期限(包括上線和下線時間)， 期限過後坐騎就會消失。
Generally flying is not something that we're going to be doing in this game and there's a lot of reasons for that: Some of it is economic, some of it is ... you create this really great looking world and we don't want you flying over all the time. – Jeffrey Bard
At any given point in time you're gonna see anywhere from 10 to maybe at max I would say around 20 based off of the legendary world boss timers. Probably 20 people who have flying abilities. – Steven Sharif
Dragons are a class of these royal mounts. You can get different types of royal mounts. They don't have to be dragons. They could be some other type of legendary mythical creature... It will be an epic looking large-scale creature and people will notice you and it while you are approaching. – Steven Sharif
- Livestream, 2018-12-12 (14:48).
- Livestream, 2017-11-17 (9:49).
- Livestream, 2017-06-30 (53:57).
- Interview, 2018-05-11 (50:05).
- Interview, 2018-10-20 (2:36).
- Blog - Know Your Nodes - The Basics.
- Livestream, 2020-07-25 (1:52:45).
- Livestream, 2020-03-28 (1:02:46).
- MMOGames interview, January 2017
- Livestream, 2019-07-26 (1:20:48).
- Livestream, 2020-03-28 (1:01:34).
- Interview, 2020-03-27 (6:03).
- Node series part II – the Metropolis.
- Interview, 2020-07-19 (26:54).
- Podcast, 2018-05-11 (52:20).
- Interview, 2020-03-27 (09:05).
- Interview, 2020-03-27 (11:04).
- City hall.
- Livestream, 2020-06-26 (59:11).
- Interview, 2020-07-08 (1:04:05).
- Livestream, 2017-05-19 (36:05).
- Interview, 2018-05-11 (47:27).
- Livestream, 2017-05-19 (36:09).
- Video, 2019-07-15 (2:12).
- Blog: Creative Director's Letter
- Livestream, 2020-03-28 (1:03:38).
- Interview, 2020-03-27 (0:30).
- Interview, 2018-05-11 (57:02).
- Livestream, 2020-06-26 (45:32).
- Livestream, 2018-02-09 (33:50).
- Blog - Know Your Nodes - Advance and Destroy.
- Livestream, 2018-09-27 (53:06).
- Interview, 2018-05-11 (54:34).
- Livestream, 2017-05-26 (21:23).
- Interview, 2018-05-11 (1:00:19).
- Livestream, 2020-03-28 (1:16:03).
- Video, 2020-03-23 (0:24).
- Livestream, 2017-05-19 (33:57).
- Livestream, 2018-01-20 (38:17).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (PM) (51:49).
- Interview, 2020-07-08 (55:05).
- Livestream, 2017-05-24 (40:50).
- Livestream, 2019-06-28 (1:26:14).
- Video, 2016-12-04 (0:02).
- A reactive world - Nodes.
- Video, 2017-04-30 (5:31).
- Interview, 2020-07-19 (24:34).
- Video, 2018-04-05 (41:48).
- Livestream, 2018-12-06 (41:43).
- Livestream, 2019-09-30 (1:39:01).
- Interview, 2020-07-18 (49:46).
- Interview, 2020-07-18 (52:28).
- Interview, 2020-07-18 (52:57).
- Livestream, 2017-05-26 (46:43).
- Livestream, 2017-05-26 (37:17).