- Musical instruments.
- Social animations such as dancing and emotes.
- Roleplay-specific items, such as flowers.
- Roleplaying events and ceremonies, such as weddings.
- Easter eggs out in the world.
- Social buildings provide spaces for players to gather and tell/share stories, while also affecting the game and interacting with the world.
- Players can run a business based on role playing.
A MMO lives and breathes on its community and we don't really want to give short shrift to any one of those types. All of them are important: the RPers are important, the people who just want to hang out in the Inn and talk are important, they all add to the game and so we want to make sure that we take care of all of them... You can run a business based on RPing. – Jeffrey Bard
- There is a minimum length of three for a character name.
- Houses will be empty when purchased.
- Players may place Furniture, artwork/paintings and other decor items in their player housing.
- Prized items such as achievements and trophies may be displayed.
- Characters will be able to interact with furniture items such as sit in chairs and lay in beds.
- Players will not be able to alter structural aspects such as windows and walls.
- There may be decor items that are representative of unique weapons that are available in the game.
- Furnishing items with in-game functionality will be restricted entirely to those created by the Carpentry profession.
Your ability to craft more luxurious furniture comes with how much of a master craftsman you've become in the furnishing profession... This isn't like you know, I want my house to look good, I got to fork over 50 bucks in cosmetics... Players can craft in-game based on their dedication and focus in that aspect the artisan tree. – Steven Sharif
The whole idea of these societies is that they are a mechanism for progression that do not have to rely on your level progression. These are different progression paths that players can participate in. If you don't want to leave a node in your gameplay experience and you want to find as much as you can do within that city, these offer those things. Now, some quests might take you outside of the city to you know hunt and pursue things, but you could also perfectly be a person that is a merchant and purchases them from other travelers instead of having to go do it yourself. We want to offer players a diverse method of progression; and these systems house those benefits. – Steven Sharif
Sometimes two organization's goals might not align with each other and there'll be conflict there, but it's not going to be like everybody in the Traders Guild is at war with everybody in the Thieves Guild. – Jeffrey Bard
The soundtrack is going to incorporate either elements of intrigue or mystery or horror that's part of winding through that level to get to that boss, it's building up to the crescendo of the fight. Music is such an important part of setting the scene- the emotional presence of what you are doing in this immersive world. It elicits emotional responses. And we have a great composer Bear McCreary who has worked on God of War, Battlestar Galactica, Outlander, Black Sails; a lot of great franchises and great IPs; and I think he is going to do an awesome job in capturing the essence of what that emotional response should be from a player. – Steven Sharif
When we put out any music in our game... we want content creators to be able to create content utilizing our game. So just message us and we'll try to resolve any of those [DMCA] problems if you encounter any. – Margaret Krohn
- Custom music creation (using the likes of the Music Macro Language) will not be present in the game on release.
The idea behind the tavern games is to create another social interface. This is where players that are loving the RP aspect of MMORPGS- they want to walk into a tavern and meet new people and play games. – Steven Sharif
- These games will involve aspects of both chance and skill.
- They must be played between 2 or more people.
- Players will be able to wager in-game currency against other players.
- The developers are considering a secondary currency for tavern games that would enable purchase of cosmetic items through a secondary currency market.
- There may be a ladder system that contributes to gaining this currency based on placement on the ladder.
- The alternative is to use the regular currency (gold).
- A portion of the income from the game goes to the tavern owner or node.
- Parlor games will vary based on the predominant race of a node.
- There may be unique games that can be acquired through adventuring in the world.
We want there to be a lot of room for people to manifest their own identity, to role play how they want to from an appearance standpoint. There's going to be parameters within which you will be able to customize a character. We want the culture and the identity of the races to exist in a range that makes them easily identifiable from other players and other cultures. So, because of that, we have to have a spectrum you can exist on. There will be a lot of hair variants you can do, body art tattoos that you can apply. You'll be able to play with the scales of the facial structure, the bones, the height, width, the body fat percentage. You'll be able to add body hair on different parts of the body. If you want to have hair on your feet, you can dial that up. – Steven Sharif
- 角色 models are focused on realism.
- A player will see a generic character before customization.
- Character designs will have influences from a wide range of cultures, such as European, African and Asian.
- Lolis will not be in the game.
- There's going to be constraints to the sliders, so that was one of those big questions as work began on the character creator: How much agency do you want to allow pulling like the lower lip all the way down in this weird deformed look, or having like [an] offset cheek that's just asymmetrical to the side of the face. There's not going to be the ability or agency to create those types of weird character things. However you will have the ability to move, slide, change, grow, decrease all those components, but they'll be kept in a more reasonable and presented way in the same sense you won't be able to change the appearance of the dwarven, nor the Dünir or the Niküan races to, in my opinion, create what would be traditionally considered a Loli character. – Steven Sharif
- Body type.
- Overweight, skinny, muscular.
- Body fat percentage.
- Bone structure.
- You can't have a one inch tall character.
- There will be "boobie sliders".
- The scale is not going to be ridiculous.
- Facial structure.
- Hair variants.
- Eye color.
- Skin color.
- Facial hair.
- Body art.
- These are relative to the character's race.
A character's voice may be able to be selected from preset options.
- Marriage increases family size by one to allow player housing permissions to be shared.
- A NPC may offer quests relating to a marriage ceremony. This may come online post-launch.
You might have a NPC that is specifically a RP event NPC. This is a person who marries you and you come up to them and they have a quest that relates to finding the cosmetic attire for the wedding; and once you have that achieved you must find a Best man or Maid of honor- these are systems that can be created around immersion in the game. – Steven Sharif
Marriage may unlock different activities that are not available to characters who are not married.
- Interaction with the freehold system.
- Unlocking certain node quests.
- Impacts on social organizations.
- Other mechanics will be discussed in the future.
There are not plans for gender neutral neutral pronouns. However our marriage system which will be present does not take into account gender. So two individuals of any sex will be able to utilize the marriage system and we feel that that's pretty important to really reflect the nature the cultures in Ashes of Creation: That it does not have that conflict present in this fantasy world that we may have experienced in the past in our real world; and that's a good place both from a sanctuary standpoint through people who are maybe experiencing that in the real world to kind of get away from it in the fantasy world: We wanted to provide that type of outlet. – Steven Sharif
- A character may only belong to one family at a time.
- Leaving one family and joining another family will have a cooldown period in the order of days.
- Family sizes are normally limited to eight characters.
There are costs associated with family creation and maintenance.
- Some costs are shared among the family members and other costs are specific to the family head.}
- Personal quest lines.
- Cultural quest lines.
- Regional quest lines.
All of the events are based around storytelling. All of the the narrative quests are based around storytelling. All the organizational quests are based around storytelling. You know the game is built from a story basically, so we want to make sure that there's context and relevancy for all of the actions that you're doing in the game. – Jeffrey Bard
Even player driven mechanics will still have story components. There will be a reason why the player driven mechanic is available or required of the player; so you know every system that's created touches a story. – Steven Sharif
Every stage a node develops it's unlocking narratives, storylines, it's changing the spawn population of the area around it, changing what bosses exist, it's triggering events where you may have legendary dragons attack the city. It's basically writing the story of the server based on the actions and determination of the players. So, you may experience a dungeon one month earlier and have a completely different story that relates to this location the next month, because something has changed either geopolitically or from the node standpoint. – Steven Sharif
- 市長 require certain resources.
- Buildings are required within a node.
- Social organization tasks need to be completed.
- There won't be separate roleplaying (RP) servers.
- There won't be separate PvE and PvP servers.
- Language-specific lexicons in the game from a lore and immersion standpoint. These do not have real player-to-player implications.
- 直播, 2019-05-30 (1:09:13).
- 直播, 2017-05-17 (44:42).
- 訪談, 2021-02-07 (55:22).
- 直播, 2021-01-29 (1:20:05).
- 直播, 2017-07-28 (37:25).
- 影片, 2018-04-05 (44:06).
- 直播, 2017-05-08 (48:39).
- 直播, 2017-10-31 (48:39).
- 訪談, 2018-05-11 (2:45).
- 直播, 2017-05-22 (51:00).
- 直播, 2020-07-25 (1:33:37).
- 直播, 2020-01-30 (1:40:48).
- 直播, 2020-08-28 (2:07:26).
- 直播, 2020-07-25 (53:08).
- 直播, 2020-06-26 (1:28:10).
- 直播, 2021-01-29 (1:21:01).
- 直播, 2017-11-17 (13:59).
- 訪談, 2018-08-08 (28:50).
- 訪談, 2018-08-24 (6:30).
- 直播, 2020-05-29 (36:18).
- 直播, 2017-11-17 (26:22).
- 直播, 2020-06-26 (53:20).
- 訪談, 2020-07-08 (40:20).
- 直播, 2020-06-26 (45:32).
- 影片, 2020-05-31 (47:32).
- 直播, 2017-05-24 (29:54).
- 直播, 2020-05-29 (38:04).
- 直播, 2020-06-26 (47:32).
- 直播, 2017-05-05 (30:53).
- 直播, 2017-05-22 (56:31).
- 直播, 2021-06-25 (1:31:04).
- 直播, 2018-08-17 (10:54).
- 直播, 2018-06-04 (57:42).
- 直播, 2017-05-17 (7:27).
- Know Your Nodes: 2 developer post
- Podcast, 2018-04-23 (24:47).
- 直播, 2017-05-26 (49:05).
- 直播, 2018-07-09 (38:28).
- 影片, 2019-09-26 (0:0).
- Ashes of Creation Twitter, April 4,2021.
- 影片, 2021-02-26 (11:03).
- 影片, 2017-12-04 (1:20).
- 訪談, 2018-10-20 (3:30:40).
- 直播, 2017-11-17 (53:02).
- 直播, 2017-05-08 (48:49).
- 直播, 2017-05-22 (58:51).
- 訪談, 2021-06-13 (11:15).
- 直播, 2021-06-25 (1:07:45).
- 直播, 2019-06-28 (1:21:02).
- 直播, 2017-07-28 (40:15).
- 直播, 8 April 2018 (PM) (1:18:37).
- 直播, 2020-11-30 (1:15:35).
- The mighty beard!
- 訪談, 2021-06-13 (18:40).
- 直播, 2017-05-24 (11:04).
- 直播, 2017-11-17 (11:53).
- 直播, 2020-04-30 (46:51).
- 直播, 2020-10-30 (46:22).
- Ashes of Creation Twitter.
- 直播, 8 April 2018 (PM) (13:39).
- 直播, 2017-05-08 (47:35).
- 直播, 2017-05-15 (51:19).
- 直播, 2017-06-30 (11:21).
- 直播, 2017-06-30 (10:04).
- 直播, 2017-06-30 (12:39).
- Podcast, 2021-09-29 (18:19).
- 直播, 2017-06-30 (13:13).
- 直播, 2020-04-30 (1:10:46).
- 直播, 2017-05-22 (54:32).
- 直播, 2017-06-30 (10:27).
- 直播, 2017-05-24 (48:45).
- 直播, 2020-07-25 (1:11:52).
- 直播, 2017-05-24 (28:22).
- 直播, 2020-07-25 (54:10).
- 直播, 2019-11-22 (1:08:05).
- 直播, 2018-08-17 (1:07:51).
- 直播, 2017-06-30 (09:43).
- 直播, 2017-05-26 (53:40).
- 直播, 2019-07-26 (1:10:44).
- Ashes of Creation Store: Harmony Attire.
- 直播, 2021-01-29 (1:13:04).
- 直播, 2021-02-26 (1:10:28).
- 直播, 2017-05-24 (53:58).
- Podcast, 2018-05-11 (1:05:58).
- 直播, 2020-07-25 (1:37:27).
- 直播, 2017-05-08 (48:39).
- 直播, 2018-01-18 (39:08).
- 直播, 2019-05-30 (1:18:16).
- 直播, 2019-12-17 (1:10:30).
- 影片, 2018-04-05 (35:01).
- 直播, 2017-10-31 (29:50).
- 直播, 2017-05-05 (35:27).
- MMORPG Interview, 12 December 2016.
- What languages will Ashes of Creation be in?