- If dropped from 世界老板, royal mounts will have a life-span likely between two weeks and four weeks, after which the mounts will pass away.
- Each server will likely have a dozen or so flying battle mounts at any given time.
- Royal mounts will only fly for owners of Castles or Mayors of a Metropolis, otherwise they will run and glide.
Generally flying is not something that we're going to be doing in this game and there's a lot of reasons for that: Some of it is economic, some of it is ... you create this really great looking world and we don't want you flying over all the time. – Jeffrey Bard
Dragons are a class of these royal mounts. You can get different types of royal mounts. They don't have to be dragons. They could be some other type of legendary mythical creature... It will be an epic looking large-scale creature and people will notice you and it while you are approaching. – Steven Sharif
Royal mount limitations
There will be a flight time associated with it, but the flight time will be considerable. We're thinking probably between 20 and 30 minutes. So will that limit the range of effectiveness? Yes it will limit the range of effectiveness for that particular mount.  – Steven Sharif
- Castles come with a royal stables.
- Mayors can choose to build royal stables within their node. Once chosen, the community will need to build the stables through quests.
- Royal mounts must be mounted in a royal stables in order to fly.
The royal mounts will be the only class of mounts that can fully fly in the world; and they are will be needed to be mounted while in a royal stables. Royal stables are a building that can be built in a node if elected to be built by the mayor and supported by the community building it up through the quests to do so; and castles come with a royal stable as well. So once you have a royal stable and you become that Mayor or King or Queen, you may then mount the creature there and then take it wherever you wish. – Steven Sharif
- Dragon eggs can also drop from epic and world bosses. These will be temporary mounts that will exist for a limited duration.
The dragon will have a lot of capability in PvP. It's primarily its purpose, because as it relates to Castles and the sieges they're in, or Nodes and the sieges they're in. We want dragons to have large scale ramifications against player raids. – Steven Sharif
- These may only be granted if the castle nodes are successfully established prior to the siege.
- Node A grants 1 undermount, Node B grants 2 undermounts, and Node C grants 2 undermounts.
- This system is subject to change during testing.