- 行会 have a period of time to level up in order to siege these castles.
- These castles will be very difficult to take from the NPCs.
- Castle nodes around NPC run castles will not be present.
Kings and Queens
Benefits of guild castles
- Levying taxes for the purposes of defense (additional to taxes already imposed by node governments).
- Activating events and abilities that progress node citizens.
- Unlocking additional types of buildings in nodes.
There are levers and dials that are present to both the owners of Castles as well as the elected officials of Nodes that during their administration they have the ability to impact and influence the region around them. – Steven Sharif
- Castle nodes exist outside of the node system. They are independent of anything that's happening outside in the world with other nodes shutting off certain nodes from progressing.
- Castle nodes do not have Citizenship, Zones of Influence, 不动产, Node governments, or 社会组织.
- Castle nodes cannot exceed stage 3 (Village).
- Castle nodes are always military node types.
- Each of the dedicated castle nodes is barren at the start of the castle ownership period.
- The guild must develop those nodes to enhance the defenses of the castle.
- It will be possible, but very difficult for a single guild to fully develop these nodes. They will likely need assistance from the broader community.
- Levelling castle nodes is a hastened process compared to regular nodes.
- Using caravans to move supplies during the weeks before a castle siege.
- Completing these quests unlocks services and functions that are useful to the occupying guild and its allies as well as boosting the defenses the castle.
- Rival guilds will want to destroy supply caravans to prevent them from leveling up the castle and its dedicated nodes.
- Only members of the occupying guild are citizens of these nodes.
- This citizenship is different to normal node citizenship. Castle nodes don't operate like normal nodes.
- Location of the node.
- Node type.
- Race that contributed most to the node's advancement.
- The rest is determined by the node's mayor.
Some parts are determined by the area it's in. Some parts are determined by the type it is. Some parts are determined by the race it is; and then the rest of it is determined by the mayor. – Jeffrey Bard
All nodes whether they're associated with a castle or associated with normal node structure has cultural influences that replicate over to the buildings that are produced and the NPCs that are present. – Steven Sharif
There is an attrition and that attrition on experience and influence is heightened based on the performance of the race in the world. So if all these nodes are Orc nodes then their attrition rate is very high to compete with the cultural establishment of new nodes because they have more influence in the world and a popular opinion is against them in their outlying regions that they do not have influence in. – Steven Sharif
- Sieges occur once a month.
- The minimum goal is for 250x250 players to be on a single battlefield. It is hoped that this can be increased to 500x500 over time.
- In the first three weeks that a guild occupies a castle they will need to level up each of their castle nodes to Village stage through questing.
- The fourth week is declaration week, where other guilds have the opportunity to lay down their declaration flag or to sign up as a defender of the castle.
- Depending on how well the guild defends the castle nodes results in better defenses for the castle.
- Different siege weaponry will grant the attackers the ability to destroy walls, doors and sections of the castle in order to gain access to the inner keep area.
- When castles change hands (following a siege), some taxes stay with the castle and some stay with the guild.
There will be benefits to attracting people... even if they're not in your guild or alliance – kind of a feudal like system, where you can attract other players who are just independent of this whole politic. They will have things to do there - benefits to receive - and there will be a reciprocal relationship between who you can attract, what they do for you; and how that benefits you and them. – Steven Sharif
- Castles come with a royal stables.
- Mayors can choose to build royal stables within their node. Once chosen, the community will need to build the stables through quests.
- Royal mounts must be mounted in a royal stables in order to fly.
The royal mounts will be the only class of mounts that can fully fly in the world; and they are will be needed to be mounted while in a royal stables. Royal stables are a building that can be built in a node if elected to be built by the mayor and supported by the community building it up through the quests to do so; and castles come with a royal stable as well. So once you have a royal stable and you become that Mayor or King or Queen, you may then mount the creature there and then take it wherever you wish. – Steven Sharif
- A guild hall only houses a single guild.
- Guild halls are objectives in guild wars.
- Guild halls may be placed on freeholds.
Guildhalls are the ultimate expression of a guild's power! In Ashes these structures will serve as focal points for a guild, offering any guilds who construct them a whole host of benefits as well as customization options.
- Allow guilds to participate in the shareholder system.
- Blog: 10 facts about castle sieges in the MMORPG.
- Podcast, 23 April 2018 (21:55).
- Ashes of Creation - The visuals.
- Livestream, 26 May 2017 (37:17).
- Podcast, 5 May 2017 (52:32).
- Livestream, 17 November 2017 (49:30).
- Interview, 11 May 2018 (47:27).
- Video, 20 April 2017 (8:20).
- Podcast, 23 April 2018 (15:14).
- Livestream, 26 July 2019 (1:29:00).
- Livestream, 23 August 2017 (23:00).
- Livestream, 9 February 2018 (33:50).
- Blog - Know Your Nodes - The Basics.
- Blog - Know Your Nodes - Advance and Destroy.
- Livestream, 27 September 2018 (53:06).
- Interview, 11 May 2018 (54:34).
- Livestream, 26 May 2017 (21:23).
- Interview, 11 May 2018 (1:00:19).
- Livestream, 4 June 2018 (58:19).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (PM) (51:49).
- Livestream, 28 July 2017 (18:07).
- Livestream, 22 May 2017 (56:48).
- Podcast, 4 August 2018 (1:54:15).
- Podcast, 18 August 20189 (1:12:34).
- Livestream, 19 May 2017 (51:20).