The Underrealm is a rich environment where bio-luminescence abounds in the fauna and flora that exist here. These deep caverns and underground valleys provide new destinations for civilization to develop. Bringing the node system into the depths of the world may awaken darker creatures than the surface.
- The Underrealm is estimated to be 100 km2 in area.
- The underrealm is not contiguous across the entire map. There will be areas that are obstructed by chasms or other features.
- The location of Underrealm entrances throughout the world is focused around natural geographic choke-points that exist above ground. This provides alternate subterranean routes that can be used by caravans, raids, and other player activities.
- Not all entrances to the Underrealm will be open at the same time. This can shift dynamically (based on node states) that cause different routes to open up, which may be more or less advantageous than other routes.
The expansiveness of the Underrealm itself is quite large. It does persist across across a lot of the playable game area that's above ground. So there are alternatives in the Underrealm for passages and traversal throughout the world. – Steven Sharif
We've also talked about node states affecting what openings are open and what things are closed. So not all entrances to the Underrealm will be open at the same time. So that configuration can shift and different routes will open up and be more advantageous than other routes. – Jeffrey Bard
- 大篷车 should be able to operate as they do above ground.
- If there's insufficient room for 龙, another mount type may be utilized.
- Burrowing mounts are being considered as an alternative to flying mounts in the Underrealm.
One of the important aspects of color play is going to be the distinguishing factor between different Underrealms and the regions that exist in the world: Their color influences set them apart from different regions. – Steven Sharif
- This will not be a one-to-one correlation: for example, it won't snow in the Underrealm.
- Tunnel flooding and other effects will be related to the weather above ground.
The seasons above ground will kind of inform what happens underneath. I mean, it's not going to be a direct one-to-one correlation right, not like it's going to be raining in the underworld, but you will see the effects from above happen down below: You might find tunnels being flooded. – Jeffrey Bard
- This will affect Farming and Animal husbandry professions.
- Since players may only have one Freehold, they must choose their Artisan specializations accordingly if they wish to place it in the Underrealm.
- Caravan routes will go underground.
- 节点围攻 occur in the usual manner.
- There will be underrealm Metropolises.
- The largest roads are referred to as arteries. These are remnants of what was once the ancient highway system of Verra.
- As nodes advance smaller roads, referred to as veins, connect the arteries to the nodes.
- Depending on the stages of node advancement, capillary roads will stem off the node to connect to points of interest.
- Roads or pathways are not worn into the landscape by repeated traffic over the same area.
Our road system in-game is essentially driven by pre-placed routes that that lead to this main artery of what was once the ancient highway system of Verra; and from there there are roads that become exposed when nodes advance; and we call those veins. They come off the main artery and then as nodes advance there are points of interest as Jeff was discussing earlier. These POIs that exist around the world and some of them share coverage with multiple nodes, but depending on which node advances to the stage that activates the point of interest it'll create these capillary roads so to speak that then stem off of the node itself. So you go from the main artery ancient road that's large- that kind of runs through different zones and whatnot- and that breaks down into the veins that lead to the specific encampments and villages and towns that then spawn off separate capillaries that lead to the points of interest in these areas that are hunting grounds. Those are not exposed initially and they come online as players advance the world. – Steven Sharif
Obstacles may present barriers on roads that players must remove to allow transit of goods.
- The Tulnar is a combination of four major races and many minor races that were left behind on Verra after the apocalypse.
- This was previously stated to be three different races.
- Tulnar stands for "the forgotten".
- Tulnar are not restricted to the Underrealm (there are no factions).
- Tulnar eat many things!
- The Tulnar religion is a combination of religious beliefs of the major races as well as pagan beliefs of the minor races that evolved over time as they coexisted together in the Underrealm.
- Tulnar are not a result of corruption.
- The Tulnar have souls and these souls act as conduits for The Essence.
- The Tulnar do not have avian characteristics. The sentient avian races (such as the Sladeborne) did not take refuge in the Underrealm.
Were the Tulnar a result of corruption in their creation, or was it purely a kind of you know crossbreeding between the multiple minor and major races that existed in the Underrealm during the after the apocalypse? They are not a result of corruption. So there is no corruption that was that was taken into account during their creation. – Steven Sharif
Tulnar starting area
- 兴趣点 exist that represent Tulnar NPC structures in a similar fashion to the starting areas around divine gateways.
Long ago, the world of Verra was besieged by a great calamity (also called the Fall, the Apocalypse, and the Exodus), brought about by the primary antagonists of the world: The Ancients and The Others.
- The apocalypse began with comet-like celestial bodies called Harbingers arriving on Verra. The Ancients flowed out of the conduits that opened at the center of the Harbingers and started conquering the planet.
- Their desire was to pervert the creation of the gods (the Seven) as an affront to their endeavors; and in doing so they created monstrosities by manipulating nature with corruption, which is the negative aspect of The Essence.
- Some unlucky citizens didn't quite make it through the gateways in time and fell back to the planet to fight for survival. This underpinned the lore behind the Ashes of Creation Apocalypse battle royale mode.
Soon after the exodus, the gateways dimmed and became dormant. Centuries turned to millennia, burying them beneath myriad calamities. Over eons, history became legend, then even the great legends were at last forgotten.
- Water area is considered playable area, but the exact area of land versus water is not known at this time.
480 square kilometers; which is pretty large comparatively to other MMORPGs out there. Now that does not include the lapped spaces: So that is the Underrealm and the portion of the world that it encompasses, which could probably easily take up an additional hundredish square kilometers I would imagine. – Steven Sharif
- The Alpha-0 map was a 4km x 4km area (16 km2).
- The Ashes of Creation Apocalypse battle royale map was 2.5km x 2.5km (6.25 km2).
- The Alpha-1 zone is almost 100 km2 in size. This is approximately 20-25% of the total world size.
- Ashes of Creation - The visuals.
- Interview, 2018-10-31 (6:00).
- A chat with Ashes of Creation's Steven Sharif, 7 June 2017.
- Kickstarter $1,750,000 Stretch Goal Unlocked, 13 May 2017.
- Interview, 2018-08-17 (10:43).
- Livestream, 2020-10-30 (1:19:13).
- Interview, 2018-10-31 (5:43).
- Livestream, 2017-06-01 (24:30).
- Interview, 2018-08-17 (8:57).
- Livestream, 2018-01-18 (14:00).
- Livestream, 2017-05-05 (37:52).
- Livestream, 2017-05-26 (31:44).
- Livestream, 2017-05-26 (42:45).
- Livestream, 2017-05-24 (31:39).
- Livestream, 2021-01-29 (55:44).
- Livestream, 2021-01-29 (1:13:04).
- Livestream, 2018-02-09 (45:48).
- Livestream, 2017-05-19 (32:23).
- Livestream, 2020-06-26 (1:29:06).
- Livestream, 2017-05-08 (20:27).
- Interview, 2018-10-31 (5:03).
- Livestream, 2017-05-30 (16:51).
- Kickstarter $2,500,000 New Player Race Achieved.
- Livestream, 2017-05-17 (5:49).
- Interview, 2020-07-20 (15:18).
- Livestream, 2018-04-08 (23:04).
- Livestream, 2017-07-28 (20:17).
- Livestream, 2017-05-26 (39:34).
- Podcast, 2020-11-15 (31:13).
- Livestream, 2019-11-22 (24:33).
- Podcast, 2020-11-15 (40:24).
- Podcast, 2020-11-15 (1:03:17).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (AM) (2:17).
- Livestream, 2017-10-16 (53:58).
- Unreal Engine Interview, 23 May 2017.
- Livestream, 2020-11-08 (9:51).
- Interview, 2020-07-19 (50:10).
- Ashes of Creation - A world with consequences.
- Interview, 2020-07-20 (13:33).
- Interview, 2018-04-20 (5:46).
- Livestream, 2018-09-27 (6:22).
- Livestream, 2018-10-31 (36:59).
- Livestream, 2020-01-30 (1:18:12).
- February 8, 2019 - Questions and Answers.
- Livestream, 2017-10-31 (24:00).
- Livestream, 2018-09-27 (9:08).
- Livestream, 2020-11-30 (22:43).
- Interview, 2020-07-19 (1:21:49).
- Livestream, 2020-11-30 (25:45).