The Underrealm is a rich environment where bio-luminescence abounds in the fauna and flora that exist here. These deep caverns and underground valleys provide new destinations for civilization to develop. Bringing the node system into the depths of the world may awaken darker creatures than the surface.
- The Underrealm is estimated to be 100 km2 in area. It is not contiguous space across the entire map. There will be areas that are obstructed by chasms or other features.
- The expansiveness of the Underrealm itself is quite large. It does persist across across a lot of the playable game area that's above ground. So there are alternatives in the Underrealm for passages and traversal throughout the world. – Steven Sharif
- The location of Underrealm entrances throughout the world is focused around natural geographic choke-points that exist above ground. This provides alternate subterranean routes that can be used by caravans, raids, and other player activities.
- The Underrealm is intending to be bespoke segments of Underrealm territory that are available around areas of choke-point in the world map that are above ground, which are provided for caravan transit across the world. So those caravans as they're approaching these choke-points on land, they will have alternate route options to go down into the Underrealm and to try to traverse that space, as opposed to the choke-points. – Steven Sharif
- Not all entrances to the Underrealm will be open at the same time. This can shift dynamically (based on node states) that cause different routes to open up, which may be more or less advantageous than other routes.
- The Underrealm contains aquatic species that live within pools.
Bosses at this location
Mobs at this location
NPCs at this location
Quests at this location
- None -
Dungeons at this location
- None -
- 商隊 should be able to operate as they do above ground.
- If there's insufficient room for 龙, another mount type may be utilized.
- Burrowing mounts are being considered as an alternative to flying mounts in the Underrealm.
One of the important aspects of color play is going to be the distinguishing factor between different Underrealms and the regions that exist in the world: Their color influences set them apart from different regions. – Steven Sharif
- This will not be a one-to-one correlation: for example, it won't snow in the Underrealm.
- Tunnel flooding and other effects will be related to the weather above ground.
The seasons above ground will kind of inform what happens underneath. I mean, it's not going to be a direct one-to-one correlation right, not like it's going to be raining in the underworld, but you will see the effects from above happen down below: You might find tunnels being flooded. – Jeffrey Bard
- This will affect 農業 and Animal husbandry professions.
- Since players may only have one Freehold, they must choose their Artisan specializations accordingly if they wish to place it in the Underrealm.
- There will be "bleed over" between underrealm nodes and surface nodes in terms of influence and interaction.
- There may be visual cues above ground that indicate influence from underrealm nodes in that area.
That might be a little bit of a departure from our design in the past. I know originally you know like two-plus years ago we were discussing how those would be independent of each other, but I think as we further defined the layout of the world map itself you know it made more sense for those to have some interaction and influence that's combined. – Steven Sharif
- Caravan routes will go underground.
- 節點戰 occur in the usual manner.
- There will be underrealm Metropolises.
- The Tulnar is a combination of four major races and many minor races that were left behind on Verra after the apocalypse.
- They're a combination of the leftover races, not just the leftover major race populations, but the leftover minor races as well; and that's what gives them their attributes that are bestial, or reptilian, humanoid; and that players can use sliders to influence the visual representation of. But in a similar fashion, their cultural markers are also going to be a combination of different influences, so they're very differently constructed culture than what is found in the other eight races. – Steven Sharif
- Tulnar stands for "the forgotten".
- Tulnar are not restricted to the Underrealm (there are no factions).
- Tulnar eat many things!
- The Tulnar religion is a combination of religious beliefs of the major races as well as pagan beliefs of the minor races that evolved over time as they coexisted together in the Underrealm.
- Tulnar are not a result of corruption.
- The Tulnar have souls and these souls act as conduits for The Essence.
- Were the Tulnar a result of corruption in their creation, or was it purely a kind of you know crossbreeding between the multiple minor and major races that existed in the Underrealm during the after the apocalypse? They are not a result of corruption. So there is no corruption that was that was taken into account during their creation. – Steven Sharif
- 兴趣点 exist that represent Tulnar NPC structures in a similar fashion to the starting areas around divine gateways.
Long ago, the world of Verra was besieged by a great calamity (also called the Fall, the Apocalypse, and the Exodus), brought about by the primary antagonists of the world: The Ancients and The Others.
- The apocalypse began with comet-like celestial bodies called Harbingers arriving on Verra. The Ancients flowed out of the conduits that opened at the center of the Harbingers and started conquering the planet.
- Their desire was to pervert the creation of the gods (the Seven) as an affront to their endeavors; and in doing so they created monstrosities by manipulating nature with corruption, which is the negative aspect of The Essence.
- Some unlucky citizens didn't quite make it through the gateways in time and fell back to the planet to fight for survival. This underpinned the lore behind the Ashes of Creation Apocalypse battle royale mode.
Soon after the exodus, the gateways dimmed and became dormant. Centuries turned to millennia, burying them beneath myriad calamities. Over eons, history became legend, then even the great legends were at last forgotten.
- This has increased from the previously stated total size of 480 km2 including land and water/ocean; but excluding an additional ~100 km2 of Underrealm.
- The reason given for expanding the map size was to better accommodate 海军 content and to reduce the overall content density in the world.
- The purpose of it becoming bigger is as I said to make sure that density isn't overwhelming: that it isn't everywhere I look there is immediately something. I have no opportunity to see areas of the world that are expansive and are just kind of wanderlust adventure feeling. Everything was sitting on top of you, POIs and nodes and houses and everything. It was like an urban area everywhere. But we wanted to expand that because a large portion of the game is a sandbox element; it's coupled with a lot of curated content but it's that sandbox element. – Steven Sharif
- Ashes of Creation - The visuals.
- 訪談, 2018-10-31 (6:00).
- A chat with Ashes of Creation's Steven Sharif, 2017-06-7.
- Kickstarter $1,750,000 Stretch Goal Unlocked, 13 May 2017.
- 訪談, 2018-08-17 (10:43).
- 直播, 2022-08-26 (53:26).
- 直播, 2020-10-30 (1:19:13).
- 訪談, 2018-10-31 (5:43).
- 成绩单, 2022-11-05 (10:46:47).
- 直播, 2017-06-01 (24:30).
- 訪談, 2018-08-17 (8:57).
- 直播, 2018-01-18 (14:00).
- 直播, 2019-03-29 (58:14).
- 直播, 2019-03-29 (29:17).
- 直播, 2017-05-05 (37:52).
- 直播, 2017-05-26 (31:44).
- 直播, 2017-05-26 (42:45).
- 直播, 2017-05-24 (31:39).
- 直播, 2021-01-29 (55:44).
- 直播, 2021-01-29 (1:13:04).
- 直播, 2018-02-09 (45:48).
- Podcast, 2021-04-11 (23:36).
- 直播, 2020-06-26 (1:29:06).
- 直播, 2017-05-08 (20:27).
- Our immersive world - Environments.
- 直播, 2017-05-19 (32:23).
- 直播, 2022-07-29 (59:00).
- 訪談, 2018-10-31 (5:03).
- 直播, 2022-03-31 (1:06:54).
- 直播, 2017-05-30 (16:51).
- Kickstarter $2,500,000 New Player Race Achieved.
- 直播, 2017-05-17 (5:49).
- Podcast, 2021-09-29 (16:51).
- 訪談, 2020-07-20 (15:18).
- 直播, 2018-04-08 (23:04).
- 直播, 2017-05-26 (39:34).
- Podcast, 2020-11-15 (31:13).
- 直播, 2019-11-22 (24:33).
- Podcast, 2020-11-15 (40:24).
- 直播, 2018-04-8 (AM) (2:17).
- 直播, 2017-10-16 (53:58).
- Unreal Engine Interview, 23 May 2017.
- 直播, 2020-11-08 (9:51).
- 訪談, 2020-07-19 (50:10).
- Ashes of Creation - A world with consequences.
- 訪談, 2020-07-20 (13:33).
- 訪談, 2018-04-20 (5:46).
- 直播, 2018-09-27 (6:22).
- 直播, 2018-10-31 (36:59).
- 直播, 2022-08-26 (46:52).
- 直播, 2020-01-30 (1:18:12).