The Underrealm is a rich environment where bio-luminescence abounds in the fauna and flora that exist here. These deep caverns and underground valleys provide new destinations for civilization to develop. Bringing the node system into the depths of the world may awaken darker creatures than the surface.
- The Underrealm is estimated to be not too much bigger than 100 km2 in area. It is not contiguous space across the entire map. There will be areas that are obstructed by chasms or other features.
- The expansiveness of the Underrealm itself is quite large. It does persist across across a lot of the playable game area that's above ground. So there are alternatives in the Underrealm for passages and traversal throughout the world. – Steven Sharif
- The location of Underrealm entrances throughout the world is focused around natural geographic choke-points that exist above ground. This provides alternate subterranean routes that can be used by caravans, raids, and other player activities.
- The Underrealm is intending to be bespoke segments of Underrealm territory that are available around areas of choke-point in the world map that are above ground, which are provided for caravan transit across the world. So those caravans as they're approaching these choke-points on land, they will have alternate route options to go down into the Underrealm and to try to traverse that space, as opposed to the choke-points. – Steven Sharif
- Not all entrances to the Underrealm will be open at the same time. This can shift dynamically (based on node states) that cause different routes to open up, which may be more or less advantageous than other routes.
- There will be bodies of water such as rivers and lakes in the Underrealm that house unique species of fish.
- There won't be boats and other water vehicles in the Underrealm.
- There will absolutely be Underrealm lakes and rivers. Those will be locations and very important ones for unique material goods like certain types of fish that players will be able to go down and fish with. But there will not be the use of boats and vehicles within the water- water vehicles of the Underrealm, at least not for launch. – Steven Sharif
Bosses at this location
Mobs at this location
NPCs at this location
Quests at this location
- None -
Dungeons at this location
- None -
Underrealm environments are vast.
- 商隊 should be able to operate as they do above ground.
- If there's insufficient room for 龙, another mount type may be utilized.
- Burrowing mounts are being considered as an alternative to flying mounts in the Underrealm.
One of the important aspects of color play is going to be the distinguishing factor between different Underrealms and the regions that exist in the world: Their color influences set them apart from different regions. – Steven Sharif
Seasons above ground will affect the Underrealm.
- This will not be a one-to-one correlation: for example, it won't snow in the Underrealm.
- Tunnel flooding and other effects will be related to the weather above ground.
The seasons above ground will kind of inform what happens underneath. I mean, it's not going to be a direct one-to-one correlation right, not like it's going to be raining in the underworld, but you will see the effects from above happen down below: You might find tunnels being flooded. – Jeffrey Bard
資源 will be different in the Underrealm, including unique species of fish.
- This will affect professions such as fishing, farming, and animal husbandry.
- Since players may only have one Freehold, they must choose their Artisan specializations accordingly if they wish to place it in the Underrealm.
地底節點 and nodes directly above them are considered adjacent but do not exist in the same ZOI.
- There will be "bleed over" between underrealm nodes and surface nodes in terms of influence and interaction.
- There may be visual cues above ground that indicate influence from underrealm nodes in that area.
That might be a little bit of a departure from our design in the past. I know originally you know like two-plus years ago we were discussing how those would be independent of each other, but I think as we further defined the layout of the world map itself you know it made more sense for those to have some interaction and influence that's combined. – Steven Sharif
- Caravan routes will go underground.
- 節點戰 occur in the usual manner.
- There will be underrealm Metropolises.
地下世界 路线 将动态地打开或关闭 (基于节点状态).
Tulnar (pronounced Tull-nar) is a playable race in Ashes of Creation. The Tulnar fled to the Underrealm to escape the Corruption that befell Verra.
- The Tulnar is a combination of four major races and many minor races that were left behind on Verra after the apocalypse.
- They're a combination of the leftover races, not just the leftover major race populations, but the leftover minor races as well; and that's what gives them their attributes that are bestial, or reptilian, humanoid; and that players can use sliders to influence the visual representation of. But in a similar fashion, their cultural markers are also going to be a combination of different influences, so they're very differently constructed culture than what is found in the other eight races. – Steven Sharif
- Tulnar stands for "the forgotten".
- Tulnar are not restricted to the Underrealm (there are no factions).
- Tulnar eat many things!
- The Tulnar religion is a combination of religious beliefs of the major races as well as pagan beliefs of the minor races that evolved over time as they coexisted together in the Underrealm.
- The Tulnar are descendants of the Divine races. They have souls and these souls act as conduits for The Essence.
- Tulnar are not a result of corruption.
- Were the Tulnar a result of corruption in their creation, or was it purely a kind of you know crossbreeding between the multiple minor and major races that existed in the Underrealm during the after the apocalypse? They are not a result of corruption. So there is no corruption that was that was taken into account during their creation. – Steven Sharif
The Tulnar race will be in place before Alpha-2. Concepts and early works are expected at that time.
Tulnar have a starting area that does not involve a divine gateway.
- 兴趣点 exist that represent Tulnar NPC structures in a similar fashion to the starting areas around divine gateways.
- Tulnar have the same option of starting at any of the divine gateways as other races.
- Tulnar have the same option of starting at any of the divine gateways. Their civilization, though within the underrealm, has also begun to explore the surface. – Steven Sharif
Unlike the other races, the Tulnar won’t be returning to Verra. Instead they will be returning to the surface from the Underrealm for the first time in generations.
- The Underrealm itself does not have a divine gateway.
Long ago, the world of Verra was besieged by a great calamity (also called the Fall, the Apocalypse, and the Exodus), brought about by the primary antagonists of the world: The Ancients and The Others.
- The apocalypse began with comet-like celestial bodies called Harbingers arriving on Verra. The Ancients flowed out of the conduits that opened at the center of the Harbingers and started conquering the planet.
- Their desire was to pervert the creation of the gods (the Seven) as an affront to their endeavors; and in doing so they created monstrosities by manipulating nature with corruption, which is the negative aspect of The Essence.
Granted by divine intervention from the Goddess of Creation, much of the population fled Verra through towering gateways, seeking refuge in a world void of magic. The world of Sanctus.
- Some unlucky citizens didn't quite make it through the gateways in time and fell back to the planet to fight for survival. This underpinned the lore behind the Ashes of Creation Apocalypse battle royale mode.
Soon after the exodus, the gateways dimmed and became dormant. Centuries turned to millennia, burying them beneath myriad calamities. Over eons, history became legend, then even the great legends were at last forgotten.
The Tulnar is a combination of four major races and many minor races that were left behind on Verra after the apocalypse.
1,200 km2 (square kilometers) is the expected total world size of Verra at launch, including land (480 km2) and water/ocean (750 km2), but excluding the size of the Underrealm.
- This has increased from the previously stated total size of 480 km2 including land and water/ocean; but excluding an additional ~100 km2 of Underrealm.
- The Underrealm did not increase "too much" in size.
- The reason given for expanding the map size was to better accommodate 海军 content and to reduce the overall content density in the world.
- The purpose of it becoming bigger is as I said to make sure that density isn't overwhelming: that it isn't everywhere I look there is immediately something. I have no opportunity to see areas of the world that are expansive and are just kind of wanderlust adventure feeling. Everything was sitting on top of you, POIs and nodes and houses and everything. It was like an urban area everywhere. But we wanted to expand that because a large portion of the game is a sandbox element; it's coupled with a lot of curated content but it's that sandbox element. – Steven Sharif
- The shape of the continents has also changed and two new large islands have been introduced.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Ashes of Creation - The visuals.
- ↑ 訪談, 2018-10-31 (6:00).
- ↑ A chat with Ashes of Creation's Steven Sharif, 2017-06-7.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Kickstarter $1,750,000 Stretch Goal Unlocked, 13 May 2017.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 直播, 2023-04-07 (22:48).
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 訪談, 2018-08-17 (10:43).
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 直播, 2022-08-26 (53:26).
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 直播, 2020-10-30 (1:19:13).
- ↑ 訪談, 2018-10-31 (5:43).
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 10.3 10.4 直播, 2023-04-07 (27:30).
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 成绩单, 2022-11-05 (10:46:47).
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 12.2 12.3 12.4 12.5 12.6 12.7 直播, 2017-06-01 (24:30).
- ↑ 訪談, 2018-08-17 (8:57).
- ↑ 直播, 2018-01-18 (14:00).
- ↑ 直播, 2019-03-29 (58:14).
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 16.2 16.3 直播, 2019-03-29 (29:17).
- ↑ 直播, 2017-05-05 (37:52).
- ↑ 直播, 2017-05-26 (31:44).
- ↑ 直播, 2017-05-26 (42:45).
- ↑ 直播, 2017-05-24 (31:39).
- ↑ 直播, 2021-01-29 (55:44).
- ↑ 22.0 22.1 22.2 22.3 22.4 22.5 直播, 2021-01-29 (1:13:04).
- ↑ 直播, 2018-02-09 (45:48).
- ↑ 24.0 24.1 24.2 Podcast, 2021-04-11 (23:36).
- ↑ 25.0 25.1 直播, 2020-06-26 (1:29:06).
- ↑ 26.0 26.1 26.2 26.3 直播, 2017-05-08 (20:27).
- ↑ Our immersive world - Environments.
- ↑ 直播, 2017-05-19 (32:23).
- ↑ 直播, 2022-07-29 (59:00).
- ↑ 訪談, 2018-10-31 (5:03).
- ↑ 直播, 2023-04-07 (1:17:59).
- ↑ 直播, 2022-03-31 (1:06:54).
- ↑ 直播, 2017-05-30 (16:51).
- ↑ 36.0 36.1 36.2 36.3 Kickstarter $2,500,000 New Player Race Achieved.
- ↑ 37.0 37.1 直播, 2017-05-17 (5:49).
- ↑ 38.0 38.1 Podcast, 2021-09-29 (16:51).
- ↑ 39.0 39.1 訪談, 2020-07-20 (15:18).
- ↑ 40.0 40.1 直播, 2018-04-08 (23:04).
- ↑ 直播, 2017-05-26 (39:34).
- ↑ Podcast, 2020-11-15 (31:13).
- ↑ 直播, 2023-04-28 (1:23:33).
- ↑ Podcast, 2020-11-15 (40:24).
- ↑ 46.0 46.1 直播, 2019-11-22 (24:33).
- ↑ 直播, 2018-04-8 (AM) (2:17).
- ↑ 48.0 48.1
- ↑ 直播, 2017-10-16 (53:58).
- ↑ 50.0 50.1
- ↑ 52.0 52.1 52.2 Unreal Engine Interview, 23 May 2017.
- ↑ 53.0 53.1 53.2 53.3 直播, 2020-11-08 (9:51).
- ↑ 訪談, 2020-07-19 (50:10).
- ↑ Ashes of Creation - A world with consequences.
- ↑ 訪談, 2020-07-20 (13:33).
- ↑ 訪談, 2018-04-20 (5:46).
- ↑ 直播, 2018-09-27 (6:22).
- ↑ 直播, 2018-10-31 (36:59).
- ↑ 60.0 60.1 60.2 60.3 直播, 2022-08-26 (46:52).
- ↑ 直播, 2020-01-30 (1:18:12).