A town is the fourth stage of node advancement.
When a Village becomes a Town, there are even more permanent structures, and a continued established local government. The development area feels well lived-in and developed at this point. Societies and Organizations begin to patronize the Town with ranking structures for players to participate in. – Margaret Krohn
玩家 (公民或非公民) 於節點的影響區域內進行活動 (任務、採集、團隊戰鬥等) 時，將有助該節點發展，提升節點至更高階段。
隨着節點發展，其發展區域將會是出現文明的地方。節點發展至不同階段時，其發展區域內將會出現不同的建築物、NPC 和服務。節點等級愈高，發展區域便會變得愈繁盛，人口亦會變多。發展區域也會根據節點種類 (經濟、軍事、科技、神聖) 而變化。未來我們將會更詳細介紹每種節點種類。 – Margaret Krohn
- 第一階段發展需時短，讓玩家可以使用售賣、存放物品等 NPC 功能。
- 等級較低的節點 (即附庸節點) 即使位於等級較高的節點的影響區域內，仍會獲得經驗值，但其等級不會超越上級節點。
The way that the algorithm expands the territories takes into account a few things: One it takes into account the coast like where's the closest coast. Two it takes into account the neighboring nodes so it can take over and essentially vassal state those nodes, but what's more important is essentially the initial population based on like how players choose their races. Because we have nine different races and four different starting points that branch out, each server's population density is going to dictate essentially the first few nodes that are highly populated and then that initial seed is what's going to determine the node structure as it moves inland into the into the world essentially; and based on the performance and successes of different sieges will determine which nodes that got locked out from the previous the initial advancements what nodes can now be available to advance further. So I really think that with so many variables that are present in the equation of how nodes advance and stay existing with the more variables you have, the higher likelihood there is for there to be a significant diversion in world progression. – Steven Sharif
Normally the algorithm that's applied to the node territorial expansion will prevent significant nodes from being in close proximity to each other... There could be a perfect storm where all of the algorithmic progression of territory leads to having these nodes very close to each other because there's certain requirements that should that need to be available to satisfy node vassal takeovers; and it's possible that two nodes would never take each other over as vassals and end up kind of close together and spanning their territories in kind of opposite directions: The Tale of Two Cities kind of thing. – Steven Sharif
Different people have different resources invested in nodes progressing and it would be a little "gamey" if you could know exactly what was necessary at that point because that would disincentivize people from participating. – Steven Sharif
Village (stage 3) or higher nodes enslave nearby nodes, converting them into vassal nodes.
- A 大都會 (階段 6) can control up to two City (階段 5) nodes. A City (階段 5) can control one Town (階段 4) and one 村莊 (階段 3) node. A 村莊 (階段 3) can control an Encampment (階段 2) or an Expedition (階段 1). If the 村莊 (階段 3) gets destroyed through a siege, its "vassals" are also destroyed.
- Vassal nodes gain benefits from their sovereign node (parent node) even if the node type of the parent is different to the vassal.
- It is not a bad thing to be vasseled, it is a good thing to be vasseled. It brings many benefits from the Sovereign, which is the the ultimate parent of that vassal network down to the vassal node itself; and it allows that vassal node to even live outside of its normal mechanics. You get to adopt some of the benefits that the node type of your sovereign is, even if your node type as a vassal node isn't the same. – Steven Sharif
- Sovereign nodes collect taxes from their vassal nodes. These taxes cannot be taken by the mayor or other players.
- Vassal nodes must remain at least one node stage below their parent node.
- Neighboring/Adjacent nodes from Expedition (階段 1) upward block the growth of their immediate neighbors. This was intended to be tested in Alpha-1.
- Vassal nodes first apply any experience earned to their own deficit (see 節點衰退). It then applies excess experience earned to its parent node.
- If the parent node advances, the vassal is once again able to advance.
- Vassal nodes give excess experience to their parent node and may have their own vassals; so long as they fall within the parent node’s zone of influence.
- If a node is capped and is both a vassal and has its own vassals, any experience earned from itself or its Vassals is first applied to its own deficit. Experience beyond that is then sent to its parent node.
- When the vassal reaches its cap it overflows experience up to the parent; and so it can be very good early on for parents to get vassal nodes that are very productive- that have a lot of traffic. – Steven Sharif
- Vassals are subject to the government, alliances, wars, taxes, and trade of their parent node, and are able to receive federal aid from them.
- Vassal nodes cannot declare war on their parent node or any of their vassals.
- Citizens of vassals are bound by the diplomatic states of the parent node.
- If a Node is a Vassal Node and is capped from advancing further, it first applies any experience earned to its own deficit (see Node Atrophy section), and then applies excess experience earned to its Parent Node. If the Parent Node advances and the Vassal is able to grow, it becomes uncapped. If a Node is capped and is both a Vassal and has its own Vassals, any experience earned from itself or its Vassals is first applied to their own deficit. Any experience beyond that is then sent to its Parent Node. – Margaret Krohn
節點佈局與風格 is determined by several factors:
- Environment (biome) and location of the node.
- The way that the node system is built is that they can exist across a spread of 18 biomes, but at the same time have to represent the cultural influence of these cultures that are intrinsically a part of a specific biome. – Steven Sharif
- Nodes will adjust the local topography to fit the aesthetic and mechanical requirements of the node.
Currently the way that the platform system is set up, is it's capable of adjusting the topography of the node's footprint, regardless of the surrounding terrain. So the reason for that is we want to have flexibility in the presentation of the node's layout and how it is essentially both from an aesthetic standpoint as well as a mechanical standpoint with node sieges- how it's constructed and that construction should have the ability to take on a variance of different types of topography. So it shouldn't be dependent on the surrounding area. Now that's not to say that the surrounding area isn't going to have some influence over. So for example... we're experimenting a little bit with the platform tech and putting up a node up against the side of a mountain or on the edge of a cliff or something that has a beautiful vista. Those are things that we're going to test out obviously as we continue to work on the node tool and how that platform system works, but the idea is to have the node independent of the surrounding terrain. – Steven Sharif
Some parts are determined by the area it's in. Some parts are determined by the type it is. Some parts are determined by the race it is; and then the rest of it is determined by the mayor. – Jeffrey Bard
- Race that contributed the highest percentage to the node's advancement will alter the racial appearance of its buildings, NPCs, and props.
All nodes whether they're associated with a castle or associated with normal node structure has cultural influences that replicate over to the buildings that are produced and the NPCs that are present. – Steven Sharif
- The rest is determined by the node's mayor.
- It should be possible for a node to complete several building projects within a mayor's one month term in office.
- Q: How long would you say it will take players on average to fill slash build up a node completely from wilderness to metropolis?
- A: It's one thing to get a node to a certain level: it's another thing to develop the node; and I can't really give you an on-average expectation, because there's a lot of variables at play. There's how many citizens does the node have attracted to it; what's the type of traffic that the node is attracting to it based on things like its tax rates, or the specialization that it chose to spec into, based on the building types it's chosen to build. All of those things are variables that can affect the quote-unquote "average build-out time" of a particular node. So it's kind of difficult to give you an average when there's so many variables along those lines. But the idea is that if there is a particular project that players are interested in in developing based on the node stage, that they would have the ability to complete several of those projects as within a single term of a mayor; and a term of a mayor is one month. – Steven Sharif
Cultural influences manifest in many ways, from node and gear aesthetics to NPC languages and lore.
- 裝備外觀 of certain armor sets is influenced by the player's race.
- 節點佈局與風格 is influenced by the race that contributes the most to that node.
- NPCs will react differently to different character races.
There is an attrition and that attrition on experience and influence is heightened based on the performance of the race in the world. So if all these nodes are Orc nodes then their attrition rate is very high to compete with the cultural establishment of new nodes because they have more influence in the world and a popular opinion is against them in their outlying regions that they do not have influence in. – Steven Sharif
Players buy the deeds for housing from the node itself. Players can also buy and sell properties from other players.
- Housing will have a base price that scales with the number of citizens in the node.
- In-node housing will be at a premium, and is expected to be hotly contested.
- The more apartments that have been purchased in a node, the higher the price scales.
- The developers are considering an auction-based method for listing new properties that become available for purchase when a node advances.
- 固定房屋 and apartments can be listed and sold to other players.
There's no cap essentially in player originated sales. Those are determined essentially by supply and demand as it is within the game and there's no artificial barrier to how high that demand can go. – Steven Sharif
- Housing ownership can default back to the node if the owner fails to pay their property taxes. A balance and penalties will be charged to the new purchaser of the home in the manner of a "foreclosure process".
- Players will not be able to exceed their allotment of housing in the game.
This will allow players to transfer real property goods. This includes ... static housing, this includes apartments that they may own; and they can sell those because those will have a limited and finite quantity. – Steven Sharif
Rental and leasing concepts are currently under consideration.
Some concepts that we have is going to be rental or leases that could be had allowing players to kind of lease a property for a period of time where they will have control rights over utilizing storage based on the area, controlling the furniture or access point; all that kind of stuff. – Steven Sharif
- 展示成就和戰利品 (未定)。
- 身處房屋附近時，可獲取額外獎勵 (未定)。
商隊是以機會和風險為中心的開放世界 PvP 系統。希望賺取利潤的玩家可以透過商隊來運輸貨物。
節點戰 enable players to destroy nodes. This paves the way for new development and access to the locked content in surrounding nodes. Due to this dynamic, political strife and intrigue play an important role in the structure of the world.
- Sieging nodes will not be an easy task for the attackers. Cities and metropolises will have a considerable defensive advantage.
- There will be systems that mimic some of the mechanics of sieges, but there won't be practice sieges.
- Death penalties do not apply to objective-based events such as node sieges.
- If you own a home in a node and you don't want to see that home destroyed, you need to defend that city! – Steven Sharif
- The majority (~80%) of content in Ashes of Creation is open-world but there may be instanced battles within castle and node sieges where specific groups can participate in small, short-duration objective-based battles for specific waypoints.
戰利品公園 is an area within Town, City or 大都會 nodes that has available spots for trophies. These trophies show the character names of players who are the first to complete world bosses and dungeon bosses that were spawned as the result of the development of that particular node.
- Server announcements and achievements are designed to encourage groups to experience new content.
Monster coin events
Elite monster coin events occur for nodes that exist between the 村莊 and 大都會 stages. This level of event would include something along the lines of a dungeon level bosses and mobs coming into the world to pillage and destroy specific centers of activity.
- ↑ 直播, 2019-10-31 (42:34).
- ↑ ArtStation - Ryan Richmond.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 3.8 Node series part II – the Metropolis.
- ↑ 4.00 4.01 4.02 4.03 4.04 4.05 4.06 4.07 4.08 4.09 4.10 4.11 Blog - Know Your Nodes - Advance and Destroy.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 直播, 2017-10-16 (50:20).
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 6.4 6.5 6.6 6.7 6.8 Blog - Know Your Nodes - The Basics.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 A reactive world - Nodes.
- ↑ 影片, 2017-04-20 (0:02).
- ↑ 10.0 10.1
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 訪談, 2020-07-18 (10:04).
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 訪談, 2020-07-08 (1:00:15).
- ↑ 直播, 2017-11-17 (55:27).
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 直播, 2017-05-26 (28:16).
- ↑ 17.0 17.1 17.2 直播, 2022-08-26 (1:07:34).
- ↑ 19.0 19.1 直播, 2022-08-26 (1:04:35).
- ↑ 20.0 20.1 20.2 直播, 2022-08-26 (1:10:16).
- ↑ 21.0 21.1 21.2 直播, 2020-10-30 (39:17).
- ↑ 22.0 22.1 22.2 22.3 22.4 22.5 直播, 2018-09-27 (53:06).
- ↑ 23.0 23.1 直播, 2022-02-25 (41:00).
- ↑ 24.0 24.1 直播, 2021-02-26 (1:12:18).
- ↑ 25.0 25.1 25.2 25.3 25.4 25.5 直播, 2022-03-31 (4:57).
- ↑ Podcast, 2021-04-11 (29:47).
- ↑ 訪談, 2018-05-11 (54:34).
- ↑ 直播, 2017-05-26 (21:23).
- ↑ Podcast, 2021-04-11 (23:36).
- ↑ 30.0 30.1 訪談, 2018-05-11 (47:27).
- ↑ 31.0 31.1 直播, 2022-07-29 (1:13:09).
- ↑ 32.0 32.1 32.2 直播, 2020-06-26 (45:32).
- ↑ 33.0 33.1 訪談, 2021-02-07 (33:00).
- ↑ 34.0 34.1 訪談, 2018-05-11 (1:00:19).
- ↑ Podcast, 2018-04-23 (29:56).
- ↑ Steven Sharif - Clarification points from today’s stream.
- ↑ 37.0 37.1 37.2
- ↑ 38.0 38.1 38.2 訪談, 2018-05-11 (50:47).
- ↑ MMOGames interview, January 2017
- ↑ 40.0 40.1 直播, 2020-06-26 (53:41).
- ↑ 直播, 2017-05-12 (52:01).
- ↑ 42.0 42.1 42.2 42.3 直播, 2017-05-12 (55:01).
- ↑ 43.0 43.1 43.2 43.3 直播, 2020-06-26 (47:32).
- ↑ 直播, 2020-06-26 (54:03).
- ↑ 45.0 45.1 45.2 45.3 訪談, 2020-07-08 (33:34).
- ↑ 直播, 2020-06-26 (1:02:12).
- ↑ 直播, 2020-06-26 (56:08).
- ↑ 48.0 48.1 48.2 48.3 直播, 2019-05-30 (1:23:41).
- ↑ 49.0 49.1 49.2 49.3 49.4 49.5 49.6 直播, 2017-05-10 (30:53).
- ↑ 訪談, 2020-07-08 (40:20).
- ↑ 52.0 52.1 52.2 52.3 影片, 2020-05-31 (47:32).
- ↑ 直播, 2020-06-26 (53:20).
- ↑ 直播, 2020-05-29 (1:03:35).
- ↑ 55.0 55.1 About Ashes of Creation.
- ↑ 影片, 2019-07-16 (0:00).
- ↑ 直播, 2017-05-15 (45:20).
- ↑ 訪談, 2017-01-20 (4:19).
- ↑ 訪談, 2018-05-11 (28:21).
- ↑ 61.0 61.1 直播, 2020-12-22 (1:13:51).
- ↑ 影片, 2016-12-04 (0:02).
- ↑ Twitch Bustin - Practice Sieges?
- ↑ 影片, 2017-04-30 (5:31).
- ↑ 直播, 2022-01-28 (17:50).
- ↑ 66.0 66.1 Podcast, 2018-08-04 (1:35:58).
- ↑ 直播, 2017-05-03 (36:25).