- Ship creation is generally delegated to players. There won't be many non-player-owned ships.
- Permissions will be present to allow other players to access ship functions who are in the same party or raid, such as weapons, anchors, utility items, and the ship's helm to navigate the ship.
- Players will have quests that navigate them toward creating a personal vessel at around level 10-15.
- Naval warfare.
- Naval raid bosses.
- Three ship classes will be present in Alpha-2.
- 1 Ship classes
- 2 召喚船舶
- 3 造船
- 4 海戰
- 5 Mariner classes
- 6 Ship physics
- 7 Naval content
- 8 Ship skins
- 9 其他
- 10 引用
|Small||Personal vessels.||Solo/personal content.||1-3|
|Medium||Frigates.||Group content.||Group size (8)|
|Large||Galleons.||Raid content.||Raid size (40)|
- Naval caravans are capable of transitioning to and from land caravans at the point of intersection of land and ocean.
- These caravans will come in varying sizes and capacities.
- By default naval caravans have a racial appearance. Players will be able to apply caravan skins to change this appearance.
- Ships (excluding Naval caravans) can only be summoned from a port or harbor.
- Ships may be able to be summoned in rivers (or other bodies of water) depending on the depth of the water.
- Naval caravans are initiated when a land-based caravan intersects with an ocean.
- You can summon your ships up but you'll need to summon them from land, which means that if something happens to your armada out at sea you won't have backups to just summon immediately in the middle of the fight... They'll have to do so from shore somewhere from some port or harbor. – Steven Sharif
- Movement, Durability, Speed, Turn rate, Hit points, Defensive and Damage abilities.
- Weapon slots.
- Aesthetic customization.
- Ship components can be sold to other players.
You can have the base value of a hull. That hull might have certain placements that are available when it comes to utility slots and/or weapon slots for the ship. Essentially you are going to have that hull itself be augmented by constructibles via the ship building profession. – Steven Sharif
- Ships may only be crafted or upgraded in harbor crafting stations that are unlocked by the advancement of coastal nodes.
You will not need to be a ship builder profession to construct ships. The shipbuilder profession particularly they have the ability to craft components of the ships which increases the ship's capabilities, defenses, speeds, turn rate, offense and defense, you know all those types of things and then they can sell those to other players. – Steven Sharif
- Players can choose which "joints" get populated with either offensive (weaponry), defensive, or utility attachments they want on their ship prior to construction completion.
Ships are going to also have classes. Those classes are going to dictate the type of of attachments that can be applied and in what quantity. A military vessel type may have more capacity for weapon based attachments. A transport ship might have more capacity for defensive based attachments. And then you'll have more versatile ships that can share across those types. So in that sense you are constructing a componentized ship for the types of activities you intend to do: Are you a raider? Are you a mover of goods? Are you an adventurer? These types of things are going to inform your decision of what the attachments you're going to have in those three categories. – Steven Sharif
- Once repaired, ships can only be launched from land.
- Coastal nodes have hooks to points of interest that take control of harbors.
- Harbors will grant quests that are related to naval content.
- Harbors will provide a number of services including upgrades to ships.
There will be harbors that boats can go inside of those will be present along the coast. Harbors can pop up as a result of a node being developed nearby, if it's near the coast or if a node itself is on the coast it can have a harbor component to it. There will likely be quests that are granted from this harbor, specifically with regards to the sea and sea content; and what you can do in this harbor will be a lot of different things including upgrades to the boats. – Steven Sharif
I know previously we had spoken about not allowing custom user images in the game, however I think we're leaning more now in the direction of allowing for custom user images. Absolutely well what it will be is the fact that we're a subscription game and if you want to jeopardize your account by doing the wrong thing with regards to custom users [images] then by all means you may do so and we'll have stringent practices in place to prevent that from actually being an issue. – Steven Sharif
With regards to this UCC question, I think when you have an active an active GM team that you know you are you have directed to care take the product you're going to mitigate a lot of that functionality you don't want to see out of this custom image system. People who look to let's say meme the system are going to be met with the type of enforcement that they don't want to have on their account; and being a subscription-based product and being a risk versus reward and maybe a more old-school approach to character development and progression I think they're gonna take a significant risk in doing things that we don't want them to do, which will result in the jeopardy of their account. So I think that is not going to deter a hundred percent of things- I don't think you ever can deter a hundred percent of things unless we go away from custom images- but I think that we can achieve some parity of essentially enforcement versus infraction ratio that's going to be liveable for everybody. – Steven Sharif
海戰 involves different types of Ships with varying capabilities, armaments and roles to play out on the high seas. There will be a balance and counterbalance between ships from PvP and PvE perspectives.
- 海上 PvP is between ships.
- 海军 PvE includes open sea raids and sea-based bosses.
- Certain ship classes and components may support ramming of other vessels or raid bosses.
- Battles at sea will be epic. They will have some supreme rewards and/or losses if the battle succeeds or fails. – Steven Sharif
- Naval combat allows players to hijacked, destroyed and looted, but it doesn't allow the attackers to permanently keep the ships.
- The result of events (such as guild wars or node wars) between the parties.
- When the ships move into an area that automatically flags them for combat.
- As the result of open-world PvP, utilizing the flagging and corruption system.
- Ships will utilize a larger form of potion launcher in place of canons. These canons will be able to be equipped with different potions that have different effects.
- I previously said there was not going to be gunpowder in Ashes. What there will be is something very similar to gunpowder but has a more arcane nature to it. It's not necessarily going to be explainable through the conventional means of chemistry, metallurgy, and physics and what not, but rather the Essence is the core component of many types of magic, one of which is obviously going to be evocation type magic; and that evocation can have some explosive tendencies. – Steven Sharif
As we said in the past, were not really about that black powder life. Instead it's really going to be focused on the arcane arts: The elements; the use of radiance and darkness; and then those being employed in larger weaponry, such as the type of siege weaponry between ship battles as well as those and sieges. A potion launcher is an example of the arcane energies that can be mastered in order to facilitate these highly destructive alchemical blends that can be created. – Steven Sharif
- Naval caravans can not be hijacked. The cargo on a trade ship will be similar to caravans in that the ship must be destroyed in order to capture the loot from its wreckage.
Mariner classes (also referred to as boatsmanship classes, boatsman skills or seamanship) contain different skill trees arranged in a similar manner to 工匠班. As a player gains experience in these different skills they become more adept at using them.
- Boat repair.
- Ship components.
- Defensive skills.
- Utility based skills.
You can spec into and kind of create your own class based on what things you're doing on the boat... It's gonna be very similar to in structure to like the artisanship trees, so you'll you'll have your mariner class: You'll have different trees in that class. – Jeffrey Bard
- Players will need to take wind direction (and strength) into consideration when navigating the open waters.
- There is no "recall" (fast-travel) option to return to shore, however death by drowning will respawn the player on shore but will incur experience debt (and other death penalties).
- We don't have a recall... There is consequence for you losing the means of your mobility and if you lost the means of that mobility then those consequences are it's going to take you longer to get to where you need to go, or you're going to have to suffer some experience debt. – Steven Sharif
- I mean traditionally if we did not use dynamic destruction, that what we would use is decals to simulate damage on the ship based on an overall hit point value. At certain hit point values we would swap out the mesh to show a more destructive state potentially; and that and you know at that point for a user in regards to immersion you know both are very similar from the immersion factor right? – Steven Sharif
- Players will need to take wind direction (and strength) into consideration when navigating the open waters.
- Wind is an important component of the open sea- quote-unquote open seas- so that's all non-coastal areas; and that open sea, based on those the composition of wind and the open sea, will influence the speed directionally that a boat is traveling in, and how that speed gets influenced by the winds. That can be an important strategic component when discussing timing for trade runs, or timing for what your location is in relationship to your target out at the open sea; and it just creates a little bit more fluid and dynamic experience when you're at sea that. Like you're not in this cove and you always know how you're going to interact with the open water; and the speed that you have, so you can predict accurately what your intercept rate or distance will look like. If that is a variable and that variable changes, then you have to adapt your strategies for that variable; and I think that is very healthy and keeps things fresh from a perspective of a cat-and-mouse game that usually occurs between ships in the open waters. – Steven Sharif
- Aquatic mounts.
- Coastal nodes.
- Island chains.
- Naval caravans.
- Naval NPCs.
- PvP objectives.
- Trade routes.
- Underwater dungeons.
- Building, ship, caravan and mount cosmetics require an in-game item to be obtained first to apply the cosmetic.
- Ashes of Creation Store: Tea transport.
- 直播, 2018-10-31 (54:21).
- 直播, 2021-05-28 (1:52:15).
- 直播, 2021-09-24 (1:26:46).
- 直播, 2021-07-30 (1:14:04).
- 直播, 2020-09-30 (41:13).
- 直播, 2022-03-31 (1:10:43).
- Podcast, 2021-09-29 (59:29).
- 直播, 2018-09-27 (54:02).
- 直播, 2020-11-30 (24:51).
- 直播, 2020-09-30 (40:45).
- 訪談, 2018-05-11 (11:51).
- 直播, 2017-07-28 (47:53).
- 直播, 2019-06-28 (1:12:08).
- Podcast, 2021-04-11 (36:43).
- 訪談, 2020-07-19 (48:05).
- Ashes of Creation Store: The Wonderwisp.
- 直播, 2020-04-30 (56:58).
- 直播, 2020-04-30 (58:05).
- 直播, 2017-08-23 (28:22).
- 直播, 8 April 2018 (AM) (15:46).
- 直播, 2020-05-29 (1:28:38).
- 直播, 2021-10-29 (43:44).
- 直播, 2021-07-30 (1:11:58).
- 訪談, 2018-10-20 (3:17).
- 直播, 2017-05-24 (30:09).
- 直播, 2022-04-29 (1:08:27).
- Podcast, 2018-05-11 (11:51).
- 直播, 2020-07-25 (1:59:09).
- 直播, 2017-05-19 (50:45).
- Podcast, 2020-11-15 (23:30).
- 直播, 2018-07-09 (30:35).
- 直播, 2022-02-25 (1:15:50s).
- 直播, 2021-10-29 (1:15:57).
- 訪談, 2018-08-17 (36:29).
- 直播, 2019-07-26 (1:13:00).
- 直播, 2021-03-26 (48:42).
- 直播, 2018-10-31 (46:18).
- Blog: 10 facts about castle sieges in the MMORPG.
- 直播, 2019-07-26 (1:05:28).
- 直播, 2017-05-17 (55:40).
- 訪談, 2020-07-08 (48:30).
- 直播, 2018-10-31 (47:44).
- 訪談, 2018-10-20 (3:35:54).
- 直播, 2022-04-29 (1:03:25).
- 直播, 2022-05-27 (1:12:33).
- 直播, 2021-04-30 (1:06:41).
- Ashes of Creation Store: The Gilded Galleon.
- Podcast, 2021-09-29 (56:50).
- Podcast, 2020-11-15 (22:22).
- 直播, 2017-06-16 (43:01).
- 訪談, 2018-08-17 (17:57).
- 直播, 8 April 2018 (PM) (1:20:03).
- 直播, 2018-07-09 (36:05).
- 直播, 2022-06-30 (1:04:30).
- 直播, 2017-05-17 (30:53).
- 直播, 2019-07-26 (1:07:22).
- 直播, 2019-06-28 (42:55).
- 直播, 2019-07-26 (1:02:49).
- 直播, 2020-09-30 (40:52).
- 影片, 2017-11-09 (0:01).
- 直播, 8 April 2018 (PM) (1:01:28).
- Kickstarter - We Just Broke $1,500,000!
- 直播, 2022-01-28 (1:09:00).
- 直播, 2022-02-25 (1:04:29s).
- 直播, 2020-11-30 (57:50).