加工 is one of the artisan classes in Ashes of Creation.
- Processing involves the refining of raw materials obtained from gathering and item deconstruction.
- The bulk of the time spent in the artisan system resides in the processing branch. The processing time varies based on the quality of the processed goods.
- Some processing can be carried out in nodes, but the best processing can only be carried out on freeholds at processing stations.
Progression within the artisan tree occurs based on experience (repetition of tasks) as well as achievements of certain benchmarks within each branch (採集, 加工 and 製造).
- Choosing a specific path in the skill tree allows the player an opportunity to specialize in a certain area. This encourages player inter-dependency, enhancing the artisan experience.
- When we reference not being masters of all that doesn't mean you're not a master within your own one of the three artisan types, which is you know crafter or gatherer, processor. You will be a master of one of those, you will not be master of the other two. – Steven Sharif
- Progression within artisan classes does not directly relate to progression in a character's adventuring class, but there are requirements that take into account dangers, locations, toolsets, and surveying options that are level dependent.
- It is likely that characters will gain an amount of XP as they progress toward mastery of their profession, however it should be expected that some master artisans might be significantly lower than the level cap.
- Q: In regards to character level and artisan level. We know that currently there are two separate things. That being said, what prevents a player from staying level one and partying up with a level 50 player to then gather level 50 resources in the high zones? That way, anyone who wants to take those resources will have to kill the gatherer who is level one and get a large amount of corruption for killing a level one as a level 50.
- A: Gathering higher level resources requires significant advancement within a particular profession for that gatherable resource. So, if I'm a Miner and I want to access the highest possible mineral, I need to be a master miner; and in order to achieve the master minor status I am going to be gaining adventuring level experience through that process, because many of those quest lines, many of those achievements are facilitated through quest lines. Some of those quest lines interface with adventuring difficulties that are out in the wild at certain levels. So that's going to predicate me- that's going to be a predicate for me to achieve a certain level in order to complete some of these quest lines and achieve that master status. So you will you will likely not see the ability of a level one alt character having the access to high level mineral mining, or any other type of gatherable out there. – Steven Sharif
A character may only ever master one of the three parent artisan paths (採集, 加工 or 製造).
- That character may then master up to two professions within this mastered path (subject to testing).
- A character will be able to achieve up to tier 3 or tier 4 proficiency in professions that are not mastered.
- Players will have the opportunity to dabble in all of the professions at a very beginners level and then you know that gives them an understanding of what that profession feels like and then allows them to pinpoint the direction that they want to go in to master particular professions. – Steven Sharif
- Based on testing, it may be decided to limit profession mastery certificates to a capped value.
- Becoming a master Crafter or a master Processor or a master Gatherer should be a significant time investment and resource investment; and because of that it should also be something that when you achieve that status it's like people on the server know who you are. – Steven Sharif
- Masteries aren’t just about making an item. They grant many things, including titles, access to items, bargains, and quests. 
- Previously it was stated that with considerable effort a player can master all professions within a mastered parent artisan class. This was later changed to a player being able to master some but not all professions within a mastered parent artisan class. This was changed to being able to master up to two or three professions within a mastered parent artisan class (subject to testing). The current stance is being able to master up to two professions.
Processing stations are workstations that are used to process raw materials into processed goods (crafting materials) at nodes or on freeholds.
- Processing stations are distinct from workstations, which are used to craft finished goods.
- Blueprints are required for the construction of these freehold buildings.
- The amount of goods that can be processed while unattended by the player is based on the rating of that particular processing station.
- The time spent processing can be reduced by upgrading the capabilities and quality of the processing station via a progression tier system.
- That's going to be very important as you get to very late game processed materials that are required. Because some of these things might have days to process within a station, but if you have spent the time and done the work to advance that processing station you could cut that down considerably, perhaps even greater than 50 percent; and that's going to have a significant impact on your ability to either control markets or to create goods. – Steven Sharif
- There will be a preparatory phase to provide the building with needed fuel or other materials to process the required grade of materials.
- Processing as it stands for Alpha-2's implementation is that there is a certain amount of prep work that's required first for the industry-specific component, which is the building. That prep work might be finding a certain amount of lumber to light the fire in kiln or whatever, to a certain temperature in order for you to process a certain grade of ore; and that grade of ore being malleable then into an ingot; and that produces that ingot so-to-speak. Now, in that process there's a gathering component, there's a preparatory phase, there is a time-related component. – Steven Sharif
- There will also be time-related and gameplay elements that require the player to interact with the processing building. These elements act to throttle for the introduction of processed materials from raw gatherables into the economy.
- There's also possibilities that the machine you're using itself has some type of gameplay layer- should the kiln get overheated, and you have to throw some water on it or something. There are elements there in that process that we want to mimic this gameplay opportunity for players to interact; and not just be a time-sink. But time-sink is also a component of it as well, because that's the throttle for the introduction of processed materials from raw gatherables into the economy. – Steven Sharif
List of processing stations
Gatherable resources (also known as raw materials and harvestables) occur in locations where you would expect them to be organically.
- Certain resources will only be gatherable for a limited time during specific story arcs.
- You want to take advantage of the limited time you have during the story arcs to get some of these rare resources for crafting things. – Jeremy Gess
- The location the resource was found can affect the benefits, bonuses, and other characteristics of that resource.
- Corrupted areas may house special types of resources.
- Certain types of resources will have a corrupt state... We have a Spirit Bloom, which is a harvestable herbalism plant, but when a Zone becomes corrupt you can potentially yield Corrupted Spirit Blooms; and those are necessary components of certain crafting recipes. – Steven Sharif
- Some resources will be one-time gatherables, others will exist as clusters that will last until the vein is depleted.
- We really want resources to be persistent and non-renewable. If there’s a mithril vein, that mithril vein will be there until it runs out. The server will manage these amounts on its own, and will repopulate things where and when it desires. You might find another mithril vein in that location sometime later, or somewhere nearby, or maybe never again!
- Players drop resources and other items upon death, based on their applicable death penalties.
- Resources will not expire or degrade over time.
- We don't want to create an environment I feel where you're having to micromanage each of the resources that are very vast in our game. We have 100 plus material system where you're having to play whack-a-mole with managing those things... I don't see the value in it. – Steven Sharif
- Raw materials (gatherable resources) are not to be confused with crafting materials (processed goods).
資源 will have differing tiers of quality for the same resource type. This is somewhat similar to Star Wars Galaxies.
- Gatherers who are more advanced in their artisan tree will unlock higher level harvesting tools that have a greater chance of collecting higher quality resources or proccing a greater quantity.
You will have an opportunity to proc certain qualities based on your progression in the Artisan tree. So if you are a gatherer; and as you advance in your gathering, you'll have a higher opportunity to collect better resources. – Steven Sharif
In Alpha-1 testing there are 4 tiers of gatherable resources across all gathering professions:
Materials (also known as processed goods and crafting materials) are obtained in the following ways:
The quality of crafting materials will influence the quality of the crafted item.
Players drop materials and other items upon death, based on their applicable death penalties.
List of processed goods (crafting materials)
Materials for crafting high-level items are obtained from world bosses and through the deconstruction of other high-level items.
Many end level items with crafting will require mats from world bosses etc. we want those systems intertwined. However. There may be opportunities to deconstruct high level items and replace those needed materials as well. We will be testing the crafting trees in alpha and beta. – Steven Sharif
Artisan gear will boost artisans in their gathering, processing, or crafting professions.
- Artisan gear may be able to be equipped in an undergarment slot that can be toggled between adventuring gear and artisan gear.
- The developers are planning to have artisan gear sets available for Alpha-2.
- Gear for artisans are going to live alongside your adventuring gear. So you will currently- the approaches, and we'll test this but currently- the approach is you'll have artisanship oriented gear. This might be beneficial for your gathering; it might be beneficial for your processing, or crafting, or whatever it is- your profession. Essentially you will craft that gear, you will equip that gear, it'll live almost as a undergarment slot so to speak; and then you can activate that and it will show the appearance if you wish during the activation when you gain the benefit from the from the gear itself; and then could disappear afterwards and go back to your adventuring gear. That's the current approach. We're going to play with that a little bit. There's some discussion and disagreement on the team about how we do that, but our hopes are for Alpha two, we will have I think a couple of sets at least. We're demonstrating all of the artisanship from gathering to processing to crafting in limited fashion in Alpha 2 want to have that gear present to kind of play with this approach.
Artisans within Ashes of Creation must choose a path in their artisan skill tree. This inter-dependency establishes a supply chain from raw materials to finished product. Each stage of the chain may require caravans to transport goods from one artisan to another.
- Obtaining raw materials:
- Refining the raw materials with the 加工 profession.
- 製造 the finished product using its crafting recipe.
As a crafter you're going to want to know where certain recipes can be fulfilled; which nodes have the capability of creating what you've processed material that you've gathered for; and then you're going to want to plan out your route to either transit the goods there or make sure that you're situated in the area so that you can go out collect and build in that area as well. So there's a lot of planning that's going to be necessary. – Steven Sharif
採集是 Ashes of Creation 的匠人職業之一。
- 可採集的資源需要透過反覆試驗和其外觀來辨別。 正式推出時，可採集的資源將不會有「閃閃發光」的效果。
Certain low level gatherables will have a tiered progression into higher level crafting. So for example you know if I'm gathering... leaves of the blue petal flower to craft a pigment that's going to be used in the development of a tunic that I can wear at level one, then I may need to collect those in order to craft the pigments to craft a greater pigment that might be present in the in the crafting of a higher level item. So it's going to be kind of a tiered progression so that materials have relevancy throughout the different levels of of crafting; and that's important from an economic stability standpoint. You need to have layered demand from a supply standpoint so that players who are interested in collecting and gathering those materials still are relevant when the later level items are crafted. – Steven Sharif
製造 is one of the artisan classes in Ashes of Creation. It is a driving force for the game economy.
- Anything that you want to bring into existence in the world is going to be built by players: Whether that is 船舶, Siege engines, 武器, 装甲, etc. – Jeffrey Bard
- Crafting requires the acquisition of recipes in order to craft items.
- Crafting stations are located on freeholds or within nodes.
- Higher tier crafting stations are unlocked with node progression.
- Artisan gear will enable crafting of stronger items.
- Crafting times may vary between professions but the bulk of the time spent in the artisan system resides in the processing branch.
- The developers will be seeking testing feedback on the addition of a gameplay layer to crafting that determines the outcome based on the player's performance.
- It's unlikely that crafting materials to craft all pieces of equipment will be able to be sourced solely by farming open-world dungeons.
- It's unlikely that organized parties will be able to get all of the materials they need to craft every piece of equipment from farming open world dungeons alone. – Cody Peterson
- There will not be a labor or energy system in Ashes of Creation.
- There is no labor or energy system in Ashes. However, that's not to say that crafting will not be difficult. Crafting is very difficult; but it is because it is difficult that it will be very rewarding as well. – Steven Sharif
匠人職業 (採集、加工、製造) 將於 Alpha-2 及其後 Betas 測試全面實裝。
In Alpha One the core basics of what crafting represents as a gameplay loop that is represented. So that means that there are gatherables out there. You will have to have tools in order to service those gatherables. There will be processing that's necessary; and then there's crafting stations that are available and can be constructed by the players. This is in Alpha One. You have to collect the recipes, you have to collect the materials, and you have to refine the materials; and then you have to create the reagents and then use those to kind of create the final crafting component of that you're trying to create. So that in and of itself is present, but it is a very very small piece of really what will be the larger crafting puzzle for Alpha 2 and betas. – Steven Sharif
- Alpha-1 中的匠人系統大約只有最終設計的十分之一，其遊戲核心循環藉由商人 (NPC) 系統變得簡易。內容包括：
Crafting honestly will not come online in any sense of its true form until Alpha-2. Alpha-1 has essentially what are intended to be the core gameplay loop of crafting, meaning the collection of materials, the translation of those materials into processed goods, and the use of those processed goods into item acquisition. That's the core gameplay loop that is currently present in Alpha-1. But those are mostly facilitated kind of piggy backing the merchant systems right now and not actually using the real crafting system; and that's because crafting hasn't been completed in a form that can be implemented in Alpha-1, but will be for Alpha-2. What's present in Alpha-1 doesn't even really scratch the surface for crafting. – Steven Sharif
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 直播, 2017-05-05 (34:15).
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 Podcast, 2021-04-11 (40:20).
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 直播, 2023-04-07 (31:49).
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 直播, 2022-06-30 (1:08:02).
- ↑ 訪談, 2021-02-07 (36:38).
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 直播, 2017-05-10 (6:12).
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 直播, 2019-07-26 (1:09:46).
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 直播, 2023-04-07 (1:00:55).
- ↑ 直播, 2022-10-28 (1:32:38).
- ↑ 直播, 2020-07-31 (1:31:11).
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 12.2 12.3 直播, 2022-04-29 (1:13:00).
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 直播, 2017-05-24 (32:07).
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 訪談, 2020-03-27 (5:25).
- ↑ 訪談, 2020-07-20 (18:47).
- ↑ 23.0 23.1
- ↑ 直播, 2022-06-30 (1:09:29).
- ↑ 25.0 25.1 25.2 25.3 25.4 直播, 2022-02-25 (1:12:27).
- ↑ 26.0 26.1 26.2 訪談, 2020-03-27 (9:00).
- ↑ 27.0 27.1 27.2 27.3 直播, 2017-09-03 (10:48).
- ↑ 28.0 28.1 28.2 About Ashes of Creation.
- ↑ 29.0 29.1 直播, 2017-05-08 (54:26).
- ↑ 30.0 30.1 30.2 影片, 2023-03-31 (16:42).
- ↑ 直播, 2023-04-28 (1:24:36).
- ↑ 32.0 32.1 直播, 2023-03-31 (59:10).
- ↑ 直播, 2020-07-31 (1:05:58).
- ↑ 34.0 34.1 34.2 直播, 2020-07-25 (1:04:50).
- ↑ Interview: Ashes of Creation on Building Their Virtual World, 2017-04-13.
- ↑ 36.0 36.1 直播, 2021-03-26 (1:07:33).
- ↑ 37.0 37.1
- ↑ 38.0 38.1 Podcast, 2017-05-05 (43:05).
- ↑ 39.0 39.1 訪談, 2020-07-18 (27:11).
- ↑ 40.0 40.1 直播, 2023-03-31 (1:19:26).
- ↑ 41.0 41.1 41.2 41.3 41.4 41.5 直播, 2017-05-10 (8:22).
- ↑ 直播, 2017-11-17 (53:28).
- ↑ 直播, 2020-04-30 (53:11).
- ↑ 46.0 46.1 訪談, 2018-10-20 (2:13).
- ↑ 47.0 47.1 47.2 47.3
- ↑ 直播, 2021-07-30 (1:16:05).
- ↑ 訪談, 2018-10-20 (17:31).
- ↑ 50.0 50.1 50.2 50.3 50.4 直播, 2022-06-30 (1:17:34).
- ↑ 51.0 51.1 直播, 2021-03-26 (1:06:50).
- ↑ 訪談, 2020-07-20 (20:17).
- ↑ 53.0 53.1 53.2 53.3 53.4 直播, 2017-05-08 (20:41).
- ↑ 直播, 2017-07-18 (38:30).
- ↑ 直播, 2017-05-26 (26:00).
- ↑ 訪談, 2018-05-11 (24:18).
- ↑ 58.0 58.1 直播, 2021-07-30 (1:11:58).
- ↑ 直播, 2020-03-28 (48:31).
- ↑ 訪談, 2018-05-11 (38:25).
- ↑ 62.0 62.1 Podcast, 2018-05-11 (1:00:07).
- ↑ 直播, 2018-08-17 (15:14).
- ↑ 直播, 2017-05-24 (17:08).
- ↑ 直播, 2020-01-30 (1:38:26).
- ↑ 直播, 2017-05-12 (1:00:18).
- ↑ 訪談, 2020-07-19 (6:38).
- ↑ 直播, 2022-10-14 (35:22).
- ↑ 70.0 70.1 Forums - Livestream Q&A 2022-08-26.
- ↑ 71.0 71.1 訪談, 2018-10-20 (2:31:39).
- ↑ 72.0 72.1 72.2 72.3 72.4 72.5 72.6 直播, 2021-03-26 (42:28).
- ↑ 73.0 73.1 73.2 訪談, 2021-02-07 (35:30).
- ↑ 直播, 2021-04-30 (41:18).