- 腐化值伴隨着腐化懲罰。 腐化值愈高：
- 連續擊殺十名玩家時，你或會開始感到技能的效果大大減弱。在能夠實際測試這個設計和相關設定前，我不想提供任何實際數字或曲線，避免玩家進行推論演算。可是能力減弱背後的目的不是要限制玩家遊戲的樂趣，而是將「互相讓步」和「風險與回報」融入遊戲：不斷累積腐化的風險不僅是掉落裝備和受到更嚴重的死亡懲罰，更是會漸漸失去進行 PvP 的能力。 – Steven Sharif
|Skill||Icon||Rank 1||Rank 2||Rank 3|
|Pathfinding||Reveals corrupted player locations on the bounty hunter's map. Activating this ability will flag the bounty hunter for combat only to corrupted players for a period of one hour from the time of activation. The pathfinding ability can be toggled on or off.||The accuracy of the pathfinding skill is determined by a player's progression in the bounty hunter system.||The accuracy of the pathfinding skill is determined by a player's progression in the bounty hunter system.|
- 野外 PvP 將不僅是單純偷襲謀殺其他玩家。
- 非戰鬥員 (綠色)
- 戰鬥員 (紫色)
- 非戰鬥員利用戰鬥寵物 (或其他由玩家操控的) 攻擊其他玩家時，會被標記成戰鬥員。
- 攻擊非戰鬥員或其他戰鬥員時，玩家會被標記 90 秒。
- 腐化 (紅色)
- 透過設定，玩家可以自行選擇影響對象為友方或非友方的範圍技能能否命中被標記的玩家。有勾選設定時，範圍恢復或傷害技能將影響被標記的玩家。沒有勾選設定時，範圍技能將不影響被標記的玩家，讓施法者不會一同被標記 (若尚未被標記）。
If you have that check-box for flagging with your AOEs and heals available then you will flag. If you do not have that box checked then on completion of the skill it will not flag you because the check was made at the start that there was a flagged party member; and then he will not he or she will not receive the beneficial effect as a result or the damage, if it's an offensive spell. – Steven Sharif
You're not going to see griefing in the game very often; and that's because our flagging system. The corruption mechanics are based around disincentivizing a griefer or PKer but still offering the opportunity, should the occasion arise, where the benefits outweigh the risk, you have the ability to do so. If you gain corruption, which is killing a non-combatant - a player who is not fighting back basically - if you gain that corruption, your world has changed. It is not going to be a very beneficial place to be and you have the potential of losing your gear. Your combat efficacy decreases based on the amount of corruption you accrue. It is a comfortable balance between player agency and grief and basically removing player agency for other players. – Steven Sharif
Differences from other games
While Ashes of Creation took inspiration from Lineage II (and other games) it has also addressed several flaws in the implementation of those games. The approach of the flagging system in Ashes of Creation is to further disincentivize griefing while still allowing the system to keep risk relevant in the open-world setting.
First and foremost, PvP in Ashes exists in both opt-in systems and events, as well as our open world flagging system. And while it is true that I enjoyed and took much inspiration from games like Lineage 2, we have innovated and adapted our approach to Ashes’ flagging system in order to further disincentivize griefing while still allowing the system to keep risk relevant in the open world setting. The overwhelming majority of player’s experiences with PvP in Ashes will be through consensual systems like caravans, sieges, wars, the open sea and other events. Players will make a choice to participate in those systems or not. And if they choose to participate there will be significant rewards for success. – Steven Sharif
- PvP in Ashes of Creation exists in both opt-in systems and events as well as open-world PvP with a flagging (and corruption) system.
In the open world, when competing for the scarcity of resources, raids, dungeons and or hunting grounds, an important element of risk vs reward is introduced through our flagging system. Players must be aware of their surroundings and the reputation of other players who may be in proximity. The flagging system is intended to always provide an element of risk in all settings, but also architected to ensure that griefing and PK’ing is almost never worth it. The subtleties of this system are complex, which is of course why it will require considerable testing and feedback. – Steven Sharif
- Corruption gain takes into account level disparity between the attacker and the player that was killed. The greater the disparity the higher the corruption accrued. Corruption penalties occur as the corruption is gained.
These are all things that I've changed in the system that help to safeguard some of those loopholes. Now of course, as we said, we can't and we don't want to 100% remove the ability for that risk to be alive- for that risk to be realized. But what we do want to do is make sure that those occasions are few and infrequent, and are not the majority of a player experience, let's say in the open world; and we do so by incorporating all of those risks and costs into a decision to gain corruption and then PK another player in the open world. It's just not going to be done often and that is my expectation and opinion. It's also the goal of the system is that griefing is not a viable option or play style. And as a result of that desire for the system, we will fine tune it in such a way through testing that that outcome is achieved. And that is the intent and purpose of the design. – Steven Sharif
- Increasing corruption score adds increasing levels of skill dampening for PvP combat.
- Abilities with CC effects do not apply to non-combatants. This prevents players from opening attacks that stun unflagged players.
- Players who heal, buff, or otherwise support corrupted players will flag as combatants.
- Corruption score has a scaling impact on skill and stat dampening that will ultimately make them ineffective at PvP. This dampening only affects PvP combat.
- There is a 60 second timer to logout while corrupt. Force-disconnecting the client during the cooldown will leave the character in-game.
- 非戰鬥員 (綠色玩家) 死亡時，將遭受一般懲罰，包括：
- When players die and they take durability loss, our durability loss isn't like other games where it's a gold sink so to speak. It's a combination of both a gold sink and a material sink. So in a sense, even if you only have completed items, when you take that durability loss you are losing out on materials. It's just a debt to the materials that you are losing instead of the active loss of that material in your inventory. So now you are accruing a material debt if you want to repair and increase again the performance of those particular items that take that durability loss. – Steven Sharif
- 戰鬥員 (紫色玩家) 遭受的死亡懲罰是非戰鬥員一半。
- 腐化 (紅色玩家) 遭受的死亡懲罰是非戰鬥員四倍，並根據目前的腐化值，有機會掉落背包內或裝備中的物品。 包括：
- As of May 28, 2021, the experience debt in Alpha-1 testing is "completely off mark" and will either be changed or disabled prior to the next spot test.
- There will not be death penalties applied to event-based deaths. The penalties are in the outcome of the event. So your number of deaths is likely going to impact your ability to win that particular event and that's going to be the penalty. This is it to encourage players to opt in to the events right because the more participation we have the more fun it can be; and we understand that the community at large- there's already a risk versus reward component to these events. We don't need to stack on additional risk versus reward to inhibit kind of- to increase the barrier to entry for players who may not be as interested. – Steven Sharif
As characters enter into the world of Verra they are empowered with the spark of life that comes from the Goddess of Creation. This spark houses a portion of what represents their soul and their conduit to The Essence. When a character dies they disintegrate into ashes, in accordance with the mythology of the cycle of life, death, and rebirth that is associated with the celestial avatar of the Goddess of Creation, the phoenix.
- The ash pile conveys the location of the body, so that the character may be selected for resurrection.
- The ash pile is also interractible to allow players to loot any dropped items.
- This effect applies to players and not mobs.
The reason for why respawning occurs, as you guys know, the avatar of the Goddess of Creation is the phoenix; and the phoenix obviously has some very stable mythological lore to it with regards to the cycle of life and death and rebirth; and that type of thing. As you enter into the world of Verra you are in a way empowered with the spark of life that comes from the Goddess of Creation herself, and in that sense you're able to house a portion of what that represents in your soul and your... conduit to the essence. – Steven Sharif
- Corrupt players respawn at random locations in the vicinity of their death, not at regular spawn points.
- Events in progress may disable certain respawn points in proximity to those events, which might cause players to respawn further away.
That has to do with the lore behind death and resurrection and what it means to have your soul connected as a conduit of that spark of life given from the Goddess of Creation, being that phoenix type of avatar; and if corruption has moved into an area and an event has started, the access to those kind of ley line oriented respawn points may be obscured- might not be accessible. So that could create some additional distance that needs to be traveled as part of these types of events. – Steven Sharif
- 影片, 2020-05-31 (5:29).
- Podcast, 2018-04-23 (51:31).
- 訪談, 2020-07-18 (41:54).
- MMOGames interview, January 2017
- 直播, 2020-01-30 (1:40:48).
- Podcast, 2017-05-05 (43:05).
- 訪談, 2018-05-11 (5:05).
- Podcast, 2021-04-11 (38:31).
- 直播, 2017-11-17 (35:20).
- 直播, 2017-05-22 (42:33).
- 訪談, 2017-02-01 (39:33).
- 訪談, 2017-04-27 (0:17).
- 訪談, 2017-04-27 (1:18).
- 直播, 2021-04-30 (1:14:49).
- 直播, 2018-07-09 (20:41).
- 訪談, 2020-07-18 (44:35).
- 訪談, 2020-07-19 (30:51).
- 直播, 2018-06-04 (2:18).
- 訪談, 2017-01-20 (06:12).
- 直播, 2017-05-24 (48:00).
- The mighty beard!
- 訪談, 2017-04-27 (9:28).
- 直播, 2017-05-24 (48:00).
- 訪談, 2018-10-20 (15:51).
- 直播, 2020-02-28 (1:14:38).
- 直播, 2017-05-12 (24:52).
- 直播, 2021-07-30 (1:10:34).
- 直播, 2017-11-17 (29:45).
- 直播, 2018-10-31 (44:12).
- Podcast, 2021-04-11 (34:41).
- 直播, 2020-11-30 (1:05:22).
- 訪談, 2020-07-08 (1:05:27).
- Podcast, 2018-04-23 (49:21).
- 訪談, 2018-08-24 (8:35).
- 直播, 2022-10-28 (26:48).
- 訪談, 2019-04-22 (54:40).
- 直播, 2022-10-28 (24:28).
- 直播, 2020-03-28 (1:58:24).
- 直播, 2021-03-26 (1:07:33).
- 訪談, 2020-07-18 (27:11).
- 直播, 2017-05-19 (13:37).
- Ashes of Creation Forums - Former Lineage 2 PvP'er wanting to discuss PvP loopholes.
- 訪談, 2021-02-07 (13:14).
- 訪談, 2020-07-29 (16:46).
- 直播, 2021-01-29 (1:24:27).
- 直播, 2018-09-27 (47:46).
- 訪談, 2018-05-11 (15:41).
- 訪談, 2017-04-27 (9:28).
- 直播, 2021-06-25 (1:15:37).
- 訪談, 2018-05-11 (3:43).
- 直播, 2021-05-28 (1:50:50).
- 直播, 2020-12-22 (1:13:51).
- 直播, 2017-05-15 (36:23).
- 直播, 2017-07-28 (50:22).
- 直播, 2021-09-24 (51:20).
- Podcast, 2018-05-11 (51:39).
- 影片, 2022-12-02 (16:29).