染料 in Ashes of Creation may refer to:
List of dyes
染料 are one-time use items that apply a cosmetic color change across all dyeable items that are equipped on a player's character (paper-doll).
- Two dye channels are provided per character that together influence up to 50% of the gear that is equipped by that character.
- The first dye channel is for lower grade dyes that influence 10 to 20% of armor appearance on that character.
- The second dye channel is for higher tier dyes that influence up to 30% of armor appearance on that character.
- The original design allowed individual items to be dyed with different dyes.
- One of the things that we want to do- again talking about player agency- is we want to give them the ability to kind of change the appearance of their armor sets that they're wearing; and the way we've approached the dye solution is through a channeled system. We have a two channel dye system where the first channel is a lower grade dye that it has influence over between 10 to 20 percent of your overall armor appearance; and then the second channel dye is a higher tier dye that you have to acquire; and by doing so you can influence the remaining thirty percent- up to thirty percent of that armor appearance: So up to a total of fifty percent influence that can occur across all the pieces that you wear. Now one unique approach to the way we're doing this dye system is we're not allowing individual dyes to be applied on individual items, but instead we keep a cohesion across the set by applying that dye channel to your character; and when you equip a piece with your overall character it will assume that dye channel from your paper doll. So you apply the dyes to your character and when you equip a piece of item it will take that dye and it will influence the channel over that particular piece so that it comes into alignment. And what the reason that we're doing that is there's a lot of options with regards to customization for your character appearance, whether it be through transmog, through costumes, through mixing and matching sets and pieces that you can wear; and what we want to avoid is the rainbow effect where these pieces do not look good together and it creates the clown that's walking down the street.
The Kickstarter dyes are sets of unique colors that are not obtainable by players who did not participate in Crowdfunding. These dyes are not usable as normal dyes are. Instead they are used to override the color of another dye obtained in game.
- They are assigned to a character from a user's account management page.
- They do not expire, so they may be used to continually override dye colors.
- Once a dye has been overridden it becomes a bound dye to that character, so the colors cannot be sold for in-game benefit.
- When an item is sold or transferred, color changes are reverted.
染料 only affect tagged portions of dyeable armor or cosmetic items.
Outside of wanting to keep maybe some identity from a lore perspective; for example if you have like a white lion's suit of armor, you may not want that white lion suit of armor to be black or blue. So, it's possible. It depends on the costume itself. – Steven Sharif
Gear is intended to be realistic in appearance.
- There will not be "oversized" weapons.
- Armor will not be overly sexual in appearance.
- I'm more of the mind that it wouldn't really serve a purpose to have bikini plate armor, just in like reality, if you're going to have armor, it should be protective. I think from a fashion statement is enjoyable for some people, but it's a kind of an immersive issue. – Steven Sharif
- Some armor and costumes will be more revealing than others, but there will not be nudity in the game.
- There might be sliders, but there are not gonna be naked sliders. – Steven Sharif
装甲 will take on a racial appearance. 武器 will scale in size based on race.
Each race is getting its custom geo pieces, which then will share thematic components such as color palette, attachments, design filigree. Those types of things will get shared across the geo but generally you're going to see unique races with unique geo. – Steven Sharif
- 時裝 can be used by all races but there may be slight variations to make them work with the body builds of each race.
Players can change gear colors using dyes.
Helmet display can be toggled on and off.
Particle effects are used to denote the importance and rarity of some weapons.
Crafters are able to influence what their crafted items will look like.
武器 are able to be sheathed.
裝備 will have appearance slots (Transmutation/Transmog/cosmetic slots) that are used to copy the appearance of an item (in some cases).
- There are rules when applying cosmetics to specific items, unlike costumes, which don't have level restrictions.
- Cosmetic slots can be toggled on or off by the player.
- A "default player appearance" may be automatically applied during sieges or other large scale battles to improve client-side performance.
- Cosmetics, whether purchased from the shop or earned in game, are an important component of MMORPGS I personally enjoy; and there's a lot of collectors out there who spend a great deal of time either in-game achieving these things or spend money purchasing them from the cosmetic only marketplace; and we don't want to demean or reduce that achievement or that expenditure. So it's going to be situational where the default appearance will be applied and can be activated. – Steven Sharif
附件 are able to be unlocked as flair pieces to armor to create a customizable look.
- There will be hundreds of attachments available ranging from a small clasp to the front plate of a breast plate.
Some cosmetics can be obtained in-game:
成就 may unlock some cosmetics.
Not all cosmetics are obtainable through in-game means. These will be purchasable through the cosmetic store.
Cash shop cosmetics will be limited in quantity, limited in time for purchase. They will be unique, but you will also have extremely difficult to gain cosmetics in game as well as unique cosmetics that look great and better... There will be a lot of cosmetics that are achievable in the game because that is a very fun aspect of MMO play. – Steven Sharif
The 時裝商城 enables players to purchase 時裝 for use in Ashes of Creation. The cosmetic store offers limited time, limited quantity items to help sustain game development.
- Equitable cosmetics, both from a quantity and quality standpoint, are achievable through in-game means.
- Nothing in the cosmetic store will be pay to win.
Nothing in our shop will ever be pay to win as we believe this practice greatly hurts the MMORPG genre.
- Cash shop cosmetics will offer a diverse selection of unique looks.
I want to incentivize purchase in the cosmetic shop for sustainability of what expansions we have intended, since we are not a box cost. I want to incentivize purchase by offering limited items: limited time, limited quantity, so you have confidence that when you purchase them, they won't be offered later on in some other way. – Steven Sharif
- All cosmetic store items will be non-tradeable. There will be no gifting mechanism for cosmetic items.
I don't want cosmetic items that can be purchased from the market to be transferable... because it is in a way a transfer of money for potentially something in-game. – Steven Sharif
時裝道具 allow players to customize their character in-game.
- Eye color.
- Skin color.
- Hair color.
Cosmetic items that produce in-game cosmetic effects will also be available.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 直播, 2017-07-28 (9:47).
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4
- ↑ Alpha-1 screenshot.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 直播, 2022-06-30 (1:06:02).
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 直播, 2020-10-30 (1:14:34).
- ↑ 直播, 2017-05-26 (3:04).
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 8.4
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 直播, 2018-04-8 (PM) (18:48).
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 直播, 2020-05-29 (50:20).
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 直播, 2017-05-26 (19:51).
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Reddit Q&A, 2019-01-8.
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 直播, 2021-12-23 (1:34:07).
- ↑ Podcast, 2018-08-04 (53:43).
- ↑ 直播, 2022-10-28 (1:41:06).
- ↑ 直播, 2021-09-24 (1:25:27).
- ↑ 直播, 2017-07-18 (54:56).
- ↑ 直播, 2020-10-30 (1:13:22).
- ↑ 直播, 2020-11-30 (1:05:22).
- ↑ 直播, 2017-05-24 (24:19).
- ↑ 直播, 2017-09-03 (48:56).
- ↑ 訪談, 2018-08-24 (5:28).
- ↑ 直播, 2017-11-17 (22:33).
- ↑ 直播, 2020-11-30 (57:50).
- ↑ 直播, 2018-02-09 (50:29).
- ↑ 30.0 30.1 直播, 2020-07-25 (54:10).
- ↑ 直播, 2019-11-22 (1:08:05).
- ↑ 32.0 32.1 訪談, 2018-10-20 (3:34:46).
- ↑ 直播, 2018-07-09 (55:20).
- ↑ Ashes of Creation cosmetic store.
- ↑ 直播, 2020-07-25 (1:53:46).
- ↑ 36.0 36.1 36.2 直播, 2018-04-8 (PM) (58:29).
- ↑ 37.0 37.1
- ↑ 40.0 40.1 訪談, 2018-05-11 (32:36).
- ↑ 直播, 2017-05-08 (48:49).
- ↑ 直播, 2017-05-26 (32:14).