- Weather conditions change with the Seasons. – Jeffrey Bard
- There will be dynamic weather that varies in intensity.
- For example: Drizzle to/from storm, or Blizzard to/from snow.
In Ashes of Creation the world will change on a regular basis. Zones will progress in a seasonal cycle, which will alter the very nature of the environment around you. Snow may block pathways that are accessible in warmer months, spring may encourage creatures otherwise unseen to come to the surface, and fall might be the only time that certain crops thrive. This cycle can then take in the state of the world’s Nodes and shift depending on their progression.
- There will be regions of the map with seasons that are less (or more) temperate.
- For example: Northern, Southern and Tropical regions.
- There will also be magical seasons where you might be in a tropical zone and suddenly it's snowing.
- Different crop cycles.
- Different seasons may present obstacles that make the transit of goods via caravan more challenging.
- Pathways that are open during summer and closed during winter.
- Water turning to ice in winter, enabling players to walk over the water but blocking access to what is underneath.
- Ice will make roads bumpy and slippery.
- Events may may radically change the current season a zone is in, or elongate it.
- 项目, crops, buildings, and crafting mechanics might gain certain buffs or debuffs in certain seasons.
Winter might have a spawner that activates on a road that spawns at large fallen tree and players who see that will have an opportunity to go up and exert some type of one-time action that helps in removing that tree and it might require you know X number of people to do that before the tree gets removed; and that you know as an example is not beneficial for the transit of goods because as you know caravans require- well they don't require but they move better on roads and if that tree were present let's say blocking you know a road that led to a bridge per-se that they would have to off-road. – Steven Sharif
- Other elemental influences may include Darkness, Light and Planar.
- Elements may have more influence in certain seasons and environments. For example, frost abilities may be stronger in winter. This affects both PvE and Pvp.
- There may be ley lines and strong magical places in the world that change or alter the way spells work.
We've discussed a little bit about how the seasons and biomes will react with different types of skills. Like if you have a fireball and it's summer it might be a little bit different. If it's winter and you have a frost ability it might be different. – Steven Sharif
Day and night cycle
- Different monsters will spawn at different times.
- NPCs and mobs may be awake at different times of the day.
- Different emissive effects may be more prevalent on night creatures.
Fifteen minutes may be one hour in game time.
How deeply we take this though is really going to come down to how much fun it actually is, which we’re still in the process of discovering. As long as we can nail some interesting mechanics, and it’s not more frustrating than fun, make sure you bring your torch.
- Video, 2017-05-30 (0:01).
- Livestream, 2017-07-18 (36:47).
- Livestream, 2017-06-01 (29:33).
- Livestream, 2017-07-28 (41:25).
- Video, 2017-01-22 (0:02).
- Livestream, 2017-05-08 (20:27).
- Ashes of Creation Instagram. May 1, 2020.
- Ashes of Creation Facebook. March 19, 2020.
- Interview, 2020-07-18 (16:34).
- Our immersive world - Environments.
- Livestream, 2018-09-27 (41:33).
- Livestream, 2020-06-26 (1:29:06).
- Livestream, 2019-07-26 (1:32:40).
- Interview, 2020-07-18 (1:05:04).
- Livestream, 2017-05-24 (27:47).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (PM) (26:19).
- Livestream, 2017-06-01 (20:23).
- Livestream, 2020-06-26 (1:32:16).
- Ashes of Creation - Screenshots.
- Livestream, 2017-05-12 (57:41).
- Video, 2017-02-07 (0:02s).
- Interview: Ashes of Creation on Building Their Virtual World, 13 April 2017.
- Livestream, 2019-06-28 (42:55).
- Livestream, 2019-07-26 (1:02:49).