Ashes of Creation Apocalypse lore
- Some unlucky citizens didn't quite make it through the gateways in time and fell back to the planet to fight for survival. This underpins the battle royale mode.
- Certain citizens are fighting for control over Castles that they believe to be last bastions of defense against the forces of corruption. This underpins the castle siege mode.
- The last stand against the forces of corruption takes place in the horde mode.
Initially you're playing the Battle Royale you're a part of the last group of survivors to try to leave Verra. And as you're leaving you get cut off. The slipstream ends and you start falling back to the planet. Now the activities that occur and the fighting amongst yourselves is a result of the influence of corruption: Corrupting your soul basically; and as we move into the Castle Siege mode that's where you see the survivors now trying to seek refuge in some of the last defendable bastions of of society. So you're kind of fighting over those for your families and your friends to get into that keep to try to ride out the storm so to say; and that's what the Castle Siege is predicated on. Then moving into the Hordes is this is now the final showdown. How long can you last? And that's kind of the narrative behind Apocalypse as a whole. – Steven Sharif
- Chapter 1 is called The Exodus. It takes part in the initial stages of the fall and sets the scene for upcoming chapters.
What happened before you came back? What did your ancestors have to go through? What did these civilizations have to endure? ... You get to experience the world of Ashes of Creation. You get to take a peek under the hood of the art assets and the style that that art will be when you play the game; and at the same time while you're doing all of that and we're hitting the servers with as many people as possible, we are continuing production and implementing new art; and we are updating those those chapters of this story; and that's what each season so speak is called for us is a chapter. In fact the first chapter of Apocalypse will be titled the Exodus. So chapter one is the Exodus and players will have an opportunity to earn unique rewards in each chapter. So that chapter's period of time is roughly ten weeks- between eight and twelve. We'll see how those go, but right now it's set for ten weeks; and every ten weeks you're going to see an introduction of new content. – Steven Sharif
- 1 Chapter 1: The Exodus
- 2 Book 1: A Prelude
- 3 Ashes of Creation Apocalypse quests
- 4 Ashes of Creation Apocalypse adventure paths
- 5 Ashes of Creation Apocalypse map
- 6 Ashes of Creation Apocalypse cosmetic rewards
- 7 Ashes of Creation Apocalypse character creator
- 8 Ashes of Creation Apocalypse easter eggs
- 9 传说
- 10 See also
- 11 引用
Chapter 1: The Exodus
- A new chapter will be released every 10 weeks.
- Between 15 and 20 cosmetic rewards are earnable in every chapter.
- Daily and weekly quests will allow players to gain up to 50 levels (matching the intended level cap for the Ashes of Creation MMORPG).
- Advancing through these levels allows players to unlock unique cosmetic rewards, such as weapon skins.
You're going to have an adventuring path and that adventuring path is going to come with weekly quests and daily quests that you can participate in that will be available for the Castle sieges for the Horde and for the Battle Royale; and as you complete these quests you're going to gain experience; and right now you have up to 50 levels, which matches the intended cap for Ashes of Creation. Fifty levels of the adventure path that you can advance in; and as you advance in each of these levels you're going to be unlocking certain assets, such as these weapon skins. Now the great thing about player's progress in Apocalypse is that you will share the same account from Apocalypse to Ashes of Creation the MMORPG and anything that you earn in Apocalypse will be in Ashes of Creation the MMORPG- a unique as a skin exactly: A skin that you will have access to for helping us test write Apocalypse and preparing these different Alpha and Beta stages for Ashes of Creation. – Steven Sharif
- Entry 1 - City Havoc
- The worst thing that the Harbingers brought was not the Others, but the corruption that they spread. It twists and distorts everything it touches. It whispers in the ears of men, and guides their hands toward terrible ends. There does not seem a means to stop it - our prayers do nothing, our spells are ineffectual. The awful truth is that the Others could simply watch as we burned Verra to ash ourselves.
- Entry 2 - Terrorwraith
- The Terrorwraith is a creature of nightmares, in the most literal sense. It takes form from those who sleep during a manastorm - essence made life through the incomprehensibly strong emotions present during these moments. Once it takes its first breath, the Terrorwraith seeks out more prey, desperately hungry for those emotions that created it. It can be killed, but it cannot be stopped, for it is born again the next night. Be as the Terrorwraith, and never stop in your hunt.
- Entry 3 - Cleric Training
- Avenita followed Creation devoutly, and took her charge seriously. When He-Who- Groveled snatched her dear friend up in one of those massive tentacles and ate him in one quick slurp, Avenita wasted no time. She pierced the beast's belly with a lance of golden light, shoved her hand into the entrails, and pulled out her friend's lifeless corpse. She then channeled the energy of Creation, bringing his spirit back to his body, and sent him back to the fight.
- Entry 4 - A Blunt Instrument
- Brother Balmo's mace was a special thing, having been crafted at the Godforge and blessed by the seven High Priests of Creation. It did the kind of dirty work that was necessary in these times - the weapon seared the flesh of Others who merely glanced in its direction, and when one of his blows connected, well... the results were gruesome. It would not be enough, he knew, but the Lightpact had set him to his task, and he would do what he could to ensure Verra's survival.
- Entry 5 - A Treasured Find
- Deep in the Fallow Hold, a long abandoned keep in the western foothills, there is said to be ten priceless treasures sealed away from mortal eyes. They were left by the ancient wizard king Atrax, and include his staff, his sword, a golden chalice, and his crown. Each of these items, if the provenance is true, could earn a treasure hunter their own kingdom, several times over. The Fallow Hold keeps its secrets, however, and none who have ventured into its depths have ever returned.
- Entry 6 - Seeking Penance
- The Starchild stands atop a hill, her dark radiance turning day into night. She points at a small home in the village below her, from which a beam of silvery starlight erupts. A family of three dies in that moment, penance given, penance taken. The village does not ignore her whispers again.
- Entry 7 - War of Towers
- In the War of Towers, two great armies clashed in a final gambit on the misty fields of Lemlong. Equally matched, Kaelar against Kaelar, the battle raged on for hours, and then days. Neither gave quarter, and neither considered surrender, even in the face of massive losses. Fire rained down from the sky, as mages from each side sought to gain the upper hand. Friend and foe alike burned alive in their armor, and still the battle continued. In the end, only fifty survivors lived to tell the tale, and both sides were conquered shortly afterward by an Empyrean empire biding their time.
- Entry 1 - Let Us Remember
- The Lightpact was an alliance created by the four major races of Verra in order to solve the mystery of the Harbingers. Until that fateful day when the stars fell, chaos reigned, and corruption spread, the Lightpact worked together, and put aside all enmity. For the first time in a very long time, no wars were fought, and peace became a way of life. For a time at least. Let us remember.
- Entry 2 - Dragon Lines
- Eremus ran his fingers along the delicate dragon inlaid upon his favored implement. It was a symbol of power, of elements given form, and these types of symbols resonated along essence lines and channeled their violence. He sighed as he placed the wand in its sheath, and continued to pack his travel gear. The road would be a long one, and he might never return. Such is the price the Lightpact would demand.
- Entry 3 - Savagery
- Rikashi the Blackened Ember dashed inside the creature's reach, her two blades a flurry of motion. A thousand cuts in single breath, the beast did not realise it had died until much later, and only felt a peaceful rush of warmth as life spilled from it. Rikashi planted her foot on the chest of her opponent, and pushed hard, sending her through the air toward the second lumbering monster. The first blade cut deeply into what could charitably be called a neck, as the second pierced through one of its many eyes. As both horrors fell, she wiped clean her short swords, and proceeded down the cavern.
- Entry 4 - They Cannot Hide
- Gellchrist held a lantern in one hand, and a club in the other. His children were with his wife, in the cellar. The pounding on the door got louder, the unearthly gibbering grew in number, and then they were at the walls, the windows - scraping, clawing, throwing their bodies at the structure. The door shattered and splintered, the walls gave way, and Gellchrist threw his lantern at the floor, where it exploded into a great fireball, fueled by oil and pitch. Better ashes by his own hand than whatever the Others had in store for him.
- Entry 5 - Working Steel
- They worked tirelessly into the night. An army of smiths, deep in the heart of the mountain where the magma flowed and was captured by the Obsidian Forge. There was an endless parade of broken swords and damaged armor making their way down to the Forge, and just as many pristine, perfect specimens heading back up to the battlefields. The Others were relentless, but the Dunzenkell would do all they could to survive this last stand.
- Entry 6 - The Arrow's Mark
- He whispered a prayer to whatever gods were still listening and drew back the string of his bow. Creation had fallen, the portals were closed, and the End was here. Survival did not seem possible, but Phaedrim would not travel into that dark night willingly. He took a deep breath, held it for a moment, closed his eyes, and let loose. Even with his eyes closed, the light was blinding. His arrow became a giant beam of light, piercing one, then two, then three of the behemoths currently tearing the city apart. It seemed that someone still was listening.
- Entry 7 - In the Face of Inevitability
- Nothing is ever final, not with the gods watching over us. At least, that's how it felt before The Harbingers arrived. Now, it feels as if everything is final. That we are merely holding onto the edge until our strength gives out, our fingers slip, and we fall into the abyss. There are those who would fight and struggle, but the end remains inevitable. We will all die at the hands of the Others, better to make it quick At least, that's what the whispers say...
- Entry 1 - An Alchemical Answer
- Cashitan's fingers trembled as he added a fine blue powder to the alembic. Normally, he wouldn't do this by hand, and would just let the process complete on its own, but the potion was needed now, and it needed to be much stronger than his usual fare. It was a risky thing he was doing, and if his measurements were off, this simple potion of healing would level his entire workshop. A lesser alchemist might even take out the entire village.
- Entry 2 - An Evolution of Power
- The Dünzenkell are known to be masters of engineering. Their best artisans meld magic and metal seamlessly, and the best of those are lionized above everyone, even kings and queens. It was one such artisan, Kaelmuir, who invented what would later be known as the crossbow. His design was based on the great ballistae often used in sieges, but cleverly miniaturized with a mixture of exacting fabrication and the gentle touch of essence. Kaelmuir's likeness can be found near the hearths of many a Dünzenkell.
- Entry 3 - Rarefied Ingredient
- In the construction of the four great Divine Gateways, there were required exceedingly rare and powerful materials. In a different time, they would have been difficult and dangerous to acquire, but The Harbingers made this almost impossible. In spite of that, the Lightpact sent out teams of hardened veterans to find and retrieve these materials. Those who comprised these teams were specialists in their trade, with strong minds capable of resisting the call of corruption. Most didn't return. But enough of them did.
- Entry 4 - Here One Moment
- He raced toward the edge, leapt from the cliff, and spoke the words that carried him as a feather upon the wind. His foe, a hardened Knight of the Blue Rose, stopped short, surprised by this unexpected turn of events. Dyvek used his momentum to spin around, and let loose a spray of dark ribbons from his scepter. These ribbons were unanchored from reality, having been feytouched, and had a tendency to confuse the universe about where in space things ought to be. So when they wrapped around the Knight, Dyvek watched him fall to his doom from the safety of the cliffside.
- Entry 5 - Lion's Peace
- Theron was a Paladin of the Herald, sworn to take no life, to uphold the creed of his order, and to keep these lands safe. Even with the corruption whispering deep in his mind, he maintained these values with a strength of will girded by devotion to his god. When three of the Others began to terrorize a small village he happened to tarry at, he slew them with his mythical sword "Lion's Peace." He did this without hesitation, and without mercy. The Others did not live in the sense that he lived, and so Theron's vow remained unbroken in his estimation. The gods seemed to agree.
- Entry 6 - Going it Alone
- Deep inside one of The Harbingers, Rikashi was so incredibly still an observer might have thought her a carved piece of stone. No breath, no fibre of muscle twitching, no strand of hair shifting ever so slightly. Not even a heartbeat. She called this technique Not-Being, and it required both physical and mystical mastery. She was surrounded by hundreds of the Others, but none of those many eyes could see Rikashi, instead sliding over her presence as though it was a part of the landscape. She would wait them out.
- Entry 7 - A Champion Appears
- Most cities had at least one arena, and some larger cities had two or even three. Theater, symphonies, sports and more could entertain thousands of people on a given night, but the event that drew the largest crowds were the Celestial Games. This was a competition that took place every seven years, where the best of Verra would participate in seven different events, testing might, mettle, magic, and mind. The winner of these games would be crowned the Celestial Champion, and their name would become known the world over.
- Entry 1 - Divine Gifts
- A good chest is solid, sturdy, non-descript, and can be secured with a lock of your choice. Those left on Verra after the fall are somewhat different. For one, they glow and chime, as if they want to be found. As if they want to be opened. Nary a lock can be found, and there is always something inside. I'm not sure who left these caches of powerful weapons, but in the face of the Others, I'll call them god-sent.
- Entry 2 - Old Reliable
- Hrngnir thought to himself, "The nice thing about axes is that even when they're dull, they still kill really good." He wiped down the axe-head with a grimy rag that he kept for just such an occasion, pulled out a whetstone, and set about restoring the blade. It had cut through the first set of armored soldiers passably enough, but he felt his effort increasing on each opponent after that. He changed tactics with his changing weapon, aiming at heads, legs, and places where the crushing power of his axe was maximized. The axe did what was required - and while he was still alive, he was no closer to escaping the hell that Verra had become.
- Entry 3 - Cairon's Wing
- Mollee put the finishing touches on her current masterpiece - the Cairon's Wing. It was a set of super-heavy plate, imbued with mithril lines which channeled the ambient essence of the environment. This magical filagree could then flex and contract the dense alloyed plates in response to the motion of whomever was wearing it, giving them unparalleled strength and mobility. If she could find a way to fabricate Cairon's Wing en masse, it would change how war was waged forever.
- Entry 4 - Hand of Fate
- The signs and symbols of magic have a way of weaving themselves into the fabric of reality. They can make metaphor material, as they did in Ashlar's case. He was someone, who, even from a very young age could be described as "smoldering," or "fiery." He had no particular affinity for the elements, however, until deep in his second year at the Academy. What began as a simple elemental conjuring by a first year, turned into a blaze that threatened to consume the entire west wing of the school. Ashlar, in a moment of magickal inspiration, gathered the essence of the fire into himself. The incredible energies suffusing him lifted Ashlar into the air, and witnesses describe two great wings of flame emanating from his back as he ejected the fire harmlessly into the sky.
- Entry 5 - A Moment of Crisis
- Now, in this moment, they had to get up, or all was surely lost "Get...up..." she managed in a croaking whisper. She felt for their strands of essence, unable to see, unable to hear, all of it having gone wrong in this terrible place. "Get. Up." she said more forcefully, but still little more than a murmur. Avenita finally touched an essence strand that was familiar, warm, and she felt friendship, and love and all the things that let her know this was one of her compatriots. There was very little ambient essence in this area, so it had to come from hers. "GET UP" she yelled, as her fist closed on that strand, and a fifth of her life drained into it. Four more to go.
- Entry 6 - Stereotypical Mages
- A wizard's tome is a common trope in many bard tales. It's not without reason though -while many mages can cast their spells without one, the very act of reading a properly inscribed spell focuses and channels essence in a way that recalling from memory does not. While the symbols and signs in one's mind can be made sharp and precise, it takes concentration and attention that may be in short supply on a battlefield. The longer and more complex a spell is, the more likely you are to see a mage holding a tome which contains that spell.
- Entry 7 - The First and the Last
- They were gathered in the great hall, awash in the eerie glow of everlights. Those in their seats were silent, as the leaders of the Lightpact discussed amongst themselves which of those present would bear the mantle of the First Light. It was this group that the hopes and lives of every single living being on Verra were to be pinned. It would be the greatest honor ever given, and perhaps the greatest curse ever bestowed. Everyone and no-one wanted to be chosen. When the meeting adjourned, Verra's fate was sealed, and its champions crowned. They all hoped it would be enough.
- Entry 1 - The Water-Bearer
- Carrying water up the slopes to the small temple was an all-day chore. Though the path was steep, the days often hot, and the thorns a persistent annoyance, to be chosen as the Water-Bearer was viewed as an honor. Children who were of age often begged to be the one chosen for the next day, and it was believed that a child delivering the water was especially auspicious. In exchange for this daily sacrifice, those who were sick or hurt or even dying could make a pilgrimage to the little temple, drink from the water in the pool, and find themselves healed. At least until the Harbingers arrived.
- Entry 2 - The Better Part of Valor
- It wasn't often that Theron ran from an opponent, but he found himself fleeing towards the cavern's exit, away from the towering, bladed... thing that had just torn a hole in his armor. The armor that had been blessed by Creation and had taken many such blows before without so much as a chipped pauldron. Theron knew fear then, true fear, deep within his soul, and he was consumed utterly by it. But when the cavern began to shake, and stalactites crashed to the ground around him, and the cavern's exit collapsed, Theron found himself again. He turned slowly, readied his weapon in a defensive stance, and found faith in himself once more.
- Entry 3 - Facing Fear
- The panic, that was the worst. There were a hundred thousand people or more, stampeding through the streets, desperately trying to reach the Divine Gateway. So many would die on those streets, trampled by friends, family, neighbors. Staein was just a guard, one man - all his instincts were telling him to join the crowds, to give into that feeling in his throat, his stomach. He was on these streets to keep order, but the screams, the noise, the Others - there was simply too much to focus on anything. When he saw the man ripped from his daughter's hand and pulled into an alley by four thugs, he was finally jarred from inaction. This was something he could fix. He drew his weapon and followed them.
- Entry 4 - A Broken Mess
- His body barely held together, breathing ragged, blood trickling from what felt like a thousand wounds, Theron dragged himself to the edge of the town. The guards, having caught sight of him, rushed to Theron's side, and helped him the rest of the way. They called for help, and requisitioned a bed from the nearest freehold. They began the arduous process of removing his armor - it had been bent, and rent, and pieces of it seemed almost fused to his flesh. They had never seen armor so mistreated, so completely ruined, so apparently useless against whatever it had been that Theron faced. Yet somehow, this man was alive, and they would do what they could to keep him that way.
- Entry 5 - Walls Come Tumbling Down
- The walls of the city were strong in the way that the ancient's work generally was. They had held for many hundreds of years, against sappers, against trebuchets, against magical agents. Now, they were crumbling at the hands of the Others. Hundreds of towering shadows, looming over the parapets, crashing through each layer, making holes that the smaller ones could steal through. It was only a matter of time before thousands of them were in the streets, able to bring the fight to their doorsteps. They could only hope that the last of them made it through the Divine Gateway before that happened.
- Entry 6 - What's in a Name?
- This space was strange - the sound otherworldy. As if his footsteps were not his own. As if his boots were far, far away, in a dream somewhere, barely remembered. He could not recall his name, or his family, or his wife. This fact did not seem important to him however, for he knew his true purpose, and he could see what it was he came to find. His hand reached out, and touched the intricately carved bow. In that moment, he felt one with everything, with all of Creation, and he knew the names of the fauna, and the flora, and the fowl. Not just what they were called by men, but their true names, as they were known by the gods.
- Entry 7 - The Bonds of Corruption
- The First Light ranged long and far. Their charge was impossible, but their friendship ran deep and held the center. It was one of the reasons the Lightpact had chosen their particular group. Those who had come together by circumstance, or by creed, or by purpose would not be able to do what was needed. They would fracture and then fail -the corruption was too strong for it to be any other way. Only those who had bonds forged by something more could hope to face the Others, deep within the red mists. Those bonds would be tested in ways which no mortal could conceive, and even then, would likely not be enough. But it was enough for hope, and so it was.
- Entry 1
- Entry 2
- Entry 3
- Theron charged at their front lines, head down, behind his shield, and felt the bone shaking impacts of their missiles, and the heat of their sick green flames. And yet he did not lose his footing, and did not falter. Soon his shield made contact, exploding in a white divine light that threw his first opponent a hundred yards into the air. His longsword, glowing in hallowed spirit, struck out at two more of the Others, cutting deeply and setting them afire. He heard their otherworldly screams, and knew that they felt the anger of Creation.
- Entry 4
- Roanold was relaxing at his post, in the calm light of the day. The pastoral environment and its distance from the capital meant that the dark rumors coming from that direction felt far away, in some other land, and not relevant to the people who called Grimsale home. His thoughts were interrupted by a faint red glow at the horizon. He squinted, unable to make out what was causing it. Slowly, it rose like another sun, casting the whole vale in a vermilion light. His thoughts became confused, his heart beat another step, and he grabbed his halberd and rushed back into the town, frothing at the mouth, his eyes unseeing.
- Entry 5
- The tower was safe, at least for now. The corruption seemed to grow from under the earth, and so the very height of her tower provided some protection against any... changes... to her mind. From her balcony she could see the armies of the Others making their way toward the capital, marching only as fast as the corruption grew. A few words and a moment of singular concentration later, she felt the lines of essence burst from the tips of her fingers, through the air, across the plains, until they reached two of the Others at the vanguard. She severed those lines of essence with a sharp expenditure of will, and they fell to the ground. A pebble in the ocean.
- Entry 6
- It was madness. It had to be. It's the only way he could describe what was happening outside the town's walls. Hundreds of people, maybe even a thousand or so. They were attacking their fortifications, not with weapons, but with their bare hands and bodies. Their eyes were empty, and some of them... well some of them had strange red crystalline... growths. It felt wrong, what he was being asked to do - these were his countrymen - but there seemed to be no other answer. Their mayor had gone out to talk to the crowd before this frenzy started, but they rushed him, and tore at him, and killed him. So Annoch drew his bow, asked for forgiveness, and fired into the mass of people.
- Entry 7
- He had been hiding in the darkness, in this little secret closet, for days now. The world was burning, people were going mad, and there was nowhere to go. And so he hid. As the world burned, he was silent, quiet, like a mouse, moving as little as possible, lest a creak or a crack give him away. He was hungry now, and thirsty, and exhausted, and sore. But he did not leave, such was the fear of what he had seen. This was not the way he had pictured the end of his life. Instead he dreamed of a peaceful passing, surrounded by loved ones, and in his bed. But there were no loved ones left, and he was truly, utterly alone.
Book 1: A Prelude
- Entry 1 - Stronger Together
- "By the gods,I found it!" Li's shout echoed through the abandoned ruins known now as the Magic Academy. Anxiously, he pulled a dust covered scroll &omits shelf, eager to consume its secrets. "No!"A woman's cry ripped his attention away from the treasure..... Please no... Comeback to us..." Delphine Grey poured healing tight upon a fallen ally. Roric, whose unblinking eyes stared back at the frantic Priestess, had finally succumbed to his wounds. Clank. Clank. Clank. The sound of metal grew louder with the swell of nearby battle. It reached a crescendo then... silence. A fear took hold of than both. Soaked in blood, a warrior appeared in the doorway. Grey rushed to steady the ragged man, Croft, who could muster only one word: "Run."
- Entry 2 - Unlimited Power
- Lightning sparked through the wood wand as Li focused his aim on the constructs that trailed them. With a flick of his wrist, he recoiled from a charge: the explosion expelled debris and shook the building to its core. Panicked, he dropped the weapon with a yelp, the electricity had been unleashed to dance up his arm which rendered it limp. "Damn it! LEAVE IT! THERE'S NO TI--" A surge of terror filled Li as he turned to find his friend and ally Croft vanished from existence. "LOOK OU--"Once more silence as another ally, Grey, disappeared - this time inches from him. Darkness consumed Li's vision, his heart palpitated with dread, yet even so he fought against the numbing fear. Just when he seemed ready to submit, a soothing ethereal mice called out to him to provide some comfort in those last moments. Or not be afraid child, all is well."
- Entry 3 - Hail to the King
- Sunlight drenched the face of Li. With a grunt, his hand raised to shield his eyes. These were not his hands? Panicked, he sat up. This was not the ruined and broken Verna he knew. The bustling city of his ancestors was alive and in chaos. Disheveled,the false prince flew down the stairs into the courtyard.' W here am I? Who are you? Blast it girl,i don't run away horn me!' Frightened maids ran from the madman who clung to them; his shouts had stirred a crowd. "Li?' He pivoted towards his whispered name to quickly lock gaze with an armored guard. Croft? No.This man was slightly different from his fallen friend. The familiar stranger pointed to the sky. Raising his eyes,Li finally saw the falling lights of the Harbingers. His heart had sunk into his stomach. There,plainly,he finally hadst his answers. In mere days they would witness the death of a world.
- Entry 4 - An Old Soldier
- Back and forth the two men hissed at one another like feral cats; what once was a mild debate had turned into a heated argument. "The scroll spoke the death of a Starchild before the fall, and here we are now, mere miles from such an event. We are here for a reason, concede to truth!" "MI concede to none of your wild fantasies of fate. No. take my sword and do what you should do as well - find Grey." "Grey?...I can't be hearing you right. You honestly think our time would be better spent chasing down what... your latest fl ng?A girl you barely know?! We could use such precious time to stop the apocalypse, or save a Starchild! With our knowledge here we could become legends." Forcefully,Croft thrust his sword into the soil to rise. With a glare of disapproval he had made his choice. "May Shol guide you on this path Li for I will not without her."
- Entry 5 - Hello Darkness
- Huddled in misery, the congregation began to panic,as the ground shook violently on impact. "Resna save us! Another Harbinger has fallen!" Harbinger? Delphine Grey grew tense ash finally dawned on her where she was. Grabbing hold of a holy man, the girl whispered a brilliant lie. "Brother, fate blessed me with a vision dour future." Grey's words terrified the abbot. Lead like a lost lamb, the door to the High Priests study shut behind them. "You are not of this time child." "I don-", An overwhelming force brought Grey to the floor in a cooed of Wood. Are there others like you? Struggling for consciousness, Grey refused to speak. From the shadows, a creature of nightmares emerged. "No matter. Your words are not needed." Lost to his touch, her screams pierced the night before chiding silence.
- Entry 6 - Tis But a Flesh Would
- Covered in ash, the avalanche of screaming survivors scrambled away from the fallen lights as one man alone ran towards them. "Grey? Po you know of any Greys in town?. In their panic, they threw the knight aside each time. As if the Gods had taken pity on him,one woman gave him a diver of hope. "Grey?... Gracious me,we have a Priestess Grey at the Temple of Resna. Get up, get up! Lest you want to be trampled to death you buffoon!. Brought to his feet, Croft reached out to thank the kind stranger,but she was already gone; swept away by the crowd that rushed forward like a raging current. Breathless, Croft swung the temple doors open. "Delphine?..." Grey smiled back, though her eyes remained lifeless. "You're hurt,. she said, as her hands fussed with his broken armor and wounds. Croft waved away her concerns. "'A scratch and some tears. They mean nothing now that I know you're safe."
- Entry 7 - Fate's Blessing
- Within the grand halls of the Palace, 11 had found a new ally. Oh good. You've both decided to be of some use than?" Groh stopped in his tracks at the door, his arm held tightly by Grey. You abandon allies for impossible plans yet still dare to question ADIuser From beneath her veil, the Seer Ishmira Thane offered a humble key to Li. We have an agreement th[e]n?" With a wordless nod from the mysterious Fae woman, Li was energized. "Impossible you say?" He baited than into following. Deep into the sanctuary they descended before Li's prize found its home in a grand stone door. As it opened, Groh gasped. 'Is that-" "Yes. Still think my plan is impossible?"
- Entry 1 - When the Lost Come Marching Home
- Within the peaceful hamlet of Grimsale,a carpenter sage was hard at work crafting a child's bed. Far off in the distance,a group clothed in exquisite clothes drew the on of the humble villagers. With a firm grip upon the Elderwoodbow, Li waved it back and forth frivolously like some scepter that crowned him king of the party. "It's this way, I'm sure of it this time." Li's mount took five steps forward atone. Behind him now,Croft,Thane, and Grey had begun their rebellion. "The Starchild is in fact this way." Hushed,the Seer's soft words at through Li like a sword. With a point, all eyes were now on the carpenter in the distance.
- Entry 2 - The Outsiders
- The skittish carpenter watched as the group rode with plastered grins towards him. "Well met! Are you the Father of the blessed child of Creation? Our seer has foretold of the child's doom. Not to worry though, if you simply hand the girl over to us..."The man recoiled from 11, readying to flee back inside. "Wait! Please wait. What my lord MEANT to say.... Is we believe she might be in danger. We hope to help." Croft tried his best to recover the carpenters trust. Hesitant, the man clung to the door; torn between two choices. "I see... You all best come inside for some tea."
- Entry 3 - Protector's Light
- The Starchild sat in the entrance-way of her home with eyes fixated upon the door. As the outside chatter stopped,and the door opened, she stood. "Oh. Hello young lady... My my, what a cute doll you have. I'm Li, wha-" Li's stiff attempts at cordiality were put to an end as the child let forth a blast of fire that consumed Grey. "DAMNABLE CHILD WHAT- G-Grey?" Croft rushed to save Delphine, but her form shifted and changed within the fire, and what he saw ran his blood ice cold. His hesitation lasted a moment too long, and two great chitinous blades pierced his armor. Lifted into the air like a rag doll, this creature that once was Croft's love, tossed the would be savior aside. Its hands were ready to strike down the child next, when a light pulsed from Li's arrow. The town of Grimsale was bathed in peaceful light.
- Entry 4 - Barricade and Embers
- Smoke from the impostors' corpse fitted the Starchilds home. Paralyzed, with strained breath, Croft, amidst the embers, locked gaze with the creature across from him that once was Delphine Grey. The Ancient sputtered black bile, eyes burning with hate,until it finally breathed its last. Croft took his final breath moments later, with a broken heart, and broken spirit. Garbled shouts filled the house; barked orders, as Ishmira and Li began breaking apart furniture for a barricade. Whatever corruption took hold of Delphine seemed to spread throughout the town. The once peaceful inhabitants were now ravenous, maddened, and descending upon the home. With his child close,the humble Carpenter cried out for the Gods protection. A stillness took over, if only for a momenta was a calm before one last storm.
- Entry 5 - Into the Abyss
- The impostors rallied against the house once more, their previous fear of the divine all but gone. Li looked through the shattered window with his bow. Shot after shot found its way into the corrupted townsfolk, their onslaught though was unabated. This however, no longer interested the mysterious seer who stared at the starchild obsessively. As she approached the young girl Ishmira removed her mg. Hushed words were exchanged, all while the father anxiously considered Li's defense. "ISHMARA, HOLD BACK THE DOOR. Ishmara?" Behind him, Li saw the carpenter was alone. The world was spinning. Gutted, Li slumped against the wall in defeat, all he wanted now was sleep. With a simple look, both men accepted their doomed destiny as the door, their final defense, broke down.
- Entry 6 - Good As New
- As Li began to accept the cold inevitability of death, darkness consumed his vision. Open your eyes my child." Doing as he was told, he found it was nighttime now within the Magic Academy. The bustling Verran cities he had grown fond of now simply ruined ghost towns once ore. The sight of smoke drew his attention. At its source he found the lifeless bodies of two familiar figures. Not much more than ash and embers lay the body of Dolphin Grey. By her side in an embrace; William Croft. Li's hands trembled while he pressed upon their wounds in some foolish attempt to bring them back. Over and over with a growing intensity, he channeled healing light into them. Finally he could bear the silence no longer. "Is this what you wanted of us Norlan?! ls this to be our fates?!" Li cried out in anguish. His shouts for answers were met with deafening stillness.
- Entry 7 - Fate's Reward
- Slouched over, the once prideful and boisterous Li was inconsolable. With his friends pulled onto his lap, his sobs filled the quiet night. As if the wind itself sung to him, a voice called out again. "Li..." With a sort of madness, the weeping man rose. He clung to the stone walls for stability, and chased a song only he could hear. "This way--" "Closer..." Guiding him deeper into the depths of this eerie place, Li stopped before a set of doors. Pushing them open with all his strength, an unassuming book laid open, ready for him. Reading it, he was left breathless..
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse quests
- Daily and weekly quests allow players to gain up to 50 levels. Leveling allows players to unlock unique cosmetic rewards, such as weapon skins.
- Days and weeks end at midnight UTC, with weeks ending on Sunday, 23:59.
- These quests give lore that relates to the story of Verra during the fall, thousands of years before the start of the MMORPG.
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse adventure paths
- The first chapter of Apocalypse is The Exodus. Between 15 and 20 cosmetic rewards are earnable in every chapter.
- There will be an optional Legendary Path that players can purchase for USD $10 per 10 weeks.
- The Legendary Path offers over 50 cosmetic rewards.
- Alpha-1 backers and Intrepid pre-order pack owners will be granted a lifetime compendium (battle pass) to the Legendary path.
- Alpha-2, Beta-1 and Beta-2 backers will have access to the first chapter's Legendary path, with over 50 cosmetics available to earn.
- Other Kickstarter, summer backers and pre-order pack owners will receive the first chapter of the legendary path for free for 70 days. 71 different cosmetic rewards can be earned starting from December 18th.
- The Legendary path will also have a shop for one-off cosmetics.
- Embers can be used in Ashes of Creation Apocalypse to purchase unique cosmetics or to purchase the Legendary adventure path.
- All Adventure paths in Ashes of Creation Apocalypse allow players to earn embers just for playing. Those embers will carry over into the MMORPG.
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse map
- City of Alerynn
- City of Gant
- Creation's Rest
- Crystal Canyons
- Farstrider Outpost
- Fionne Vale
- Fort Ryll
- Karthmere Keep
- La'sai Village
- Nyliann Academy
- Rotweald Forest
- Sa'kaan Fens
- Sky Mesa
- Spire of Eremus
- Town of Grimsale
- Town of Valenn
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse cosmetic rewards
Progression and experience tracking for participation in Ashes of Creation Apocalypse testing will entitle players to earn unique cosmetic rewards. These earned rewards will carry over in player's accounts to live launch of the MMORPG.
- Armor appearances.
- Freehold building skins.
- Weapon skins.
One of the ways we want to give back to the Community in participating in this testing is allowing for progress, quests, achievements rewards to be gained in Apocalypse... You will have rewards and quests and achievements that you and your participation and your performance in that game, whether it be the Castle Siege, the Horde Mode or the Battle Royale will earn you cosmetics. There will be costumes. There will be mounts to earn. There will be housing and furniture. There will be emotes. There will be weapon variants. A lot of these are what we have in production for our project Ashes of Creation, we apply some variants and skins for and make them only available through participating in helping us test these different game modes. And they will carry over to your account on the MMORPG. – Steven Sharif
The account used for Apocalypse is the same account used for the MMORPG. Unique skins earned in Apocalypse will be added to the MMORPG as rewards for helping to prepare for the Alpha and Beta stages of Ashes of Creation.
- Cosmetic skins are only be able to be applied to things that have already been earned, crafted or found within the Ashes of Creation MMORPG.
- Skins earned in Apocalypse will be available to apply at certain tiers, levels and/or access points within the MMORPG.
So it's not that you'll be able to equip necessarily an item at level one. These are all cosmetic skins. Again we are not about the pay-to-win or pay-to-convenience life. What we want to do instead is as you earn, craft, or find equipment in the MMORPG, these skins that you've earned in Apocalypse will be available at certain tiers, levels and/or access points. So for example, we have different grades of mounts right. We have the base one land mounts. We have the the Royal mounts. We have the flying mounts if you're a mayor or King or Queen. We have legendary mounts. These classes of mounts will have available skins associated with those particular classes... If you have the Ramstider skin that you've earned from Apocalypse, you'll be able to apply that to your first land mount, which will probably be earned within the first five levels you'll earn a land mount. However if you have let's say for example the Gryphon, which will be a glideable mount. I'm sorry what's the name of the what's the name of the night one. The midnight- is the midnight bird or something like? The Nighthunter Gryphon. I think that's it. If you have that skin you'll only be able to apply that skin to a Royal mount so you'll still have to earn these things. Remember our position is that of: You need to earn these things in Ashes first. They're not purchasable or earned outside in Apocalypse and you're granted that immediately. These are skins that you apply to the things you earn in Ashes. – Steven Sharif
One thing that we announced to our alpha one backers that I know they love clarity on is that we'll also be including progression and experience tracking for participation and testing that will entitle them to some unique cosmetics as well that reflect on the lore of this setting, which is before the fall. So you'll be able to acquire some armors that reflect some of the ancient cultures of Verra that you will earn and hold for live launch. – Steven Sharif
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse signup gift
- This will apply to all regions and all currently registered accounts.
- The gift will be a cosmetic accessory.
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse character creator
- Create and save characters for use in the full game.
- This was previously slated for Alpha-1.
As we develop our character creation screen we'll implement that into arena mode. So can create characters there, save those characters. When you make a character in Ashes you can port over that save. – Steven Sharif
I would like to have the option for players to go in spend time, create characters save that character and then have it available in their suite their character creation suite as an option to preload at launch that they can take that's those settings and launch the character. I would love for there to be community rewards and competitions for the best made characters that we could do like a monthly kind of thing around and/or additionally I'd like for there to be implementation of housing and a housing suite that you can save your furniture load out as well for building out the interior of housing. I don't know if we'll be able to get to that. It is a cherry on top of the icing. And we'll see how the schedule looks with that regard. – Steven Sharif
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse easter eggs
We're keeping lore very close to the chest and the reason for that is because it is very rich. It is diverse. It will have applications outside of just the MMORPG. We intend to take it much further, but I want it to be something that the players get to reveal themselves, that's not just handed to them and then the experience is lost. They should feel when they're experiencing this that it relates to them on a personal level. – Steven Sharif
It is about mythology and discovering what truths mythologies are talking about and finding out what really happened on this world so long ago; and that's part of that discovery process; and we want people to feel that throughout the game, not just in terms of lore but in terms of the world itself . – Jeffrey Bard
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse battle royale
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse castle sieges
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse horde mode
- Livestream, 27 September 2018 (6:22).
- Livestream, 31 October 2018 (36:59).
- Livestream, 6 December 2018 (14:32).
- Livestream, 6 December 2018 (28:45).
- 2018-12-08 Newsletter.
- Livestream, 6 December 2018 (33:55).
- Livestream, 6 December 2018 (26:12).
- Week 1, entry 1.
- Week 1, entry 2.
- Week 1, entry 3.
- Week 1, entry 4.
- Week 1, entry 5.
- Week 1, entry 6.
- Week 1, entry 7.
- Week 2, entry 1.
- Week 2, entry 2.
- Week 2, entry 3.
- Week 2, entry 4.
- Week 2, entry 5.
- Week 2, entry 6.
- Week 2, entry 7.
- Week 3, entry 1.
- Week 3, entry 2.
- Week 3, entry 3.
- Week 3, entry 4.
- Week 3, entry 5.
- Week 3, entry 6.
- Week 3, entry 7.
- Week 4, entry 1.
- Week 4, entry 2.
- Week 4, entry 3.
- Week 4, entry 4.
- Week 4, entry 5.
- Week 4, entry 6.
- Week 4, entry 7.
- Week 5, entry 1.
- Week 5, entry 2.
- Week 5, entry 3.
- Week 5, entry 4.
- Week 5, entry 5.
- Week 5, entry 6.
- Week 5, entry 7.
- Week 6, entry 1.
- Week 6, entry 2.
- Week 6, entry 3.
- Week 6, entry 4.
- Week 6, entry 5.
- Week 6, entry 6.
- Week 6, entry 7.
- Week 1, entry 1.
- Week 1, entry 2.
- Week 1, entry 3.
- Week 1, entry 4.
- Week 1, entry 5.
- Week 1, entry 6.
- Week 1, entry 7.
- Week 2, entry 1.
- Week 2, entry 2.
- Week 2, entry 3.
- Week 2, entry 4.
- Week 2, entry 5.
- Week 2, entry 6.
- Week 2, entry 7.
- Livestream, 30 September 2019 (55:33).
- Livestream, 30 September 2019 (1:34:34).
- Livestream, 6 December 2018 (51:20).
- Livestream, 6 December 2018 (1:00:52).
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse locations.
- Blog: October Giveaway - Free Armor of the Autumn Knight.
- Livestream, 31 October 2018 (38:47).
- Livestream, 27 September 2018 (27:27).
- Livestream, 6 December 2018 (41:43).
- Ashes of Creation Forum post
- Livestream, 26 July 2019 (1:10:44).
- Livestream, 1 September 2018 (1:05:10).
- Livestream, 31 October 2018 (40:31).
- Interview, 8 August 2018 (30:51).
- Livestream, 31 October 2018 (45:01).
- Ashes of Creation Press Kit.
- Interview, 7 December 2016.
- Livestream, 18 January 2018 (39:08).
- Video, 5 April 2018 (37:50).
- Video, 5 April 2018 (37:13).